• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Twitter Dispatches

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

it be cooler if we could see the entire dispatch (the what and where, not just the who)

w8fsm

Premium Subscriber
well when u click the little link attached to it.. you hear the real call...

Unless you have some fancy text to speech program that can take the incoming emailed mp3 and do it's magic and pop it back out as text Id like to see it...

SCPD

well when u click the little link attached to it.. you hear the real call...

Unless you have some fancy text to speech program that can take the incoming emailed mp3 and do it's magic and pop it back out as text Id like to see it...
Kool, its even better being able to hear it. :)

johnvassel

Thanks to seeing Fred Moses implement this - I've added fire dispatches for Delta Township and Lansing Township to Twitter.

(lansingtwpfire) on Twitter
(deltatwpfire) on Twitter

Twitter / @netsound/Moses Tweets
Just dropping back into the forums after some time, Rob, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to setup a twitter feed like these? I checked Freds tittwer (only about 2 layers deep) and didn't find it.
I'll search on here, but thought I'd ask whilest I searched :)

Status
Not open for further replies.