Two Antenna's, Two Radio's, Problem City...How To Fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I divided up my radio's today like planned, I hooked the local one up to just my regular AM CB antenna since everyone uses anything from 150 - 160 FM MHZ.. It is working fine just for them, However, I hooked up the other one to my scantenna like I had planned, Cut out the splitters and long cable runs, Came in with one 75 foot section right off the antenna itself.I have about 5 foot in the house to mess with..It seems to be picking up well since then BUT I have noticed noise interference on stations I had not noticed it on ever before :confused: ..I moved the radio to a different wall in the house to do away with the splitters and long runs, Could moving walls have an effect on it? I wouldn't think so but is it possible and also that the splitter filtered out noise and without it I get all of it? Why would there be more noise without any splitters etc. then there was with? Anyone have an answer for this? I'm getting hospital intercoms paging services and noaa interference that I wasn't getting before also...Plus the noise...Anyone know what it is? Know of any filters for this that wouldn't downgade the signal range? Open for Suggestions... I mean I'm 150 miles from West Plains MO and I'm hearing Air Evac One From West Plains clear as a bell! BUT it's just the interference I'm getting....Anything to fix it? Anywhere? Anything? Anybody? LOL Ideas? I'm listening...

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Antennas are always a matter of 'black magic'. Move an antenna 3 INCHES from where it was, and signal levels may shift by two to one or more, at VHF+

Getting more paging and 'interference' sounds like you have 'too much of a good thing', and have overloaded your front end with too MUCH signal. Try turning on the built in attenuator for a bit and see if that fixes it. The first thing I always add to an outside antenna is an FM Trap to trap out local FM Broadcasters, who are often sources of overload.

btritch

I didn't move the antenna any, Just the radio and coax...I suppose it could still make a difference though, I can't use the attenuator, That RS 2025 doesn't have one on it..BUT The FM TRAP might help IF it doesn't block out some of the more distant channels that I am listening to out, Where can they be purchased at? RS? universal Radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.