• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Two audio sources on a single feed L/R

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4ASF

Premium Subscriber
I have been experimenting for some time with the P25 system setups for the clearest audio for VA STARS, Spotsylvania and Stafford/Fredericksburg. I have been using a 996P2 and a couple BCD396XLT's. By setups, I mean the P25 threshold, mode and level. Programs used were Proscan and FreeScan with Freescan being the easiest to work with making changes. Antenna changes have been from simple verticals, a tight UHF beam both w/wo 10db preamps and a Diamond Discone w/wo a preamp.

VA STARS P1 test with the discone w/o a preamp has been the easiest and I ended up back with the Auto 8. My primary sites are Thornburg and Dumfries with some Fork Mountain. The antenna is at 20' in my attic. I live in a retirement community with no outside antennas allowed.

I have the two P25 P2 systems on one BCD396XLT with best audio using a small RS 800mhz bnc. Today I settled on Manual 8 for the setup with their clearest audio. It is sitting at 20'. I am not buying any more scanners until some enhanced performance P25 P2 scanners have been released.

I have been thinking about going with a dual audio feed with STARS on one side and the P2 audio on the other side, but I have never used a dual feed.

Does anyone have any experience or comments on a dual feed? I have researched it and it seems simple but I can see where it could be a pain.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.