Two Sound Cards In One Dinosaur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylan

Feed Provider
I have a 10 year old computer that I pretty much use only to stream a feed for RR.... I also have some extra scanners lying around that I would like to utilize for a second feed but I'd like to run both feeds on that machine......

Is it possible to install a second sound card in that pc thus making a second feed possible?......

if so, what is a card that would work and where can I find one that will offer a stereo input that is not too expensive... yeah yeah I know, ebay, but which card? There are 4,000 of them and I don't even know if what I wanna do is even possible....

If running two cards is possible, I don't know what system info one would need to figure out what would work...

This computer has a 300 pentium 2 -
running win 2000 --
maxed out at 768 mb memory ---
there is one pci slot available on the motherboard.....
the soundcard in there now says "model ct4500" which I looked up to be a Creative Labs CT4500 Sound Blaster AWE64....

I'm holding out hope that someone can help me.....

CapStar362

AFAIK yes you can. as long as its PCI ( which just about all cards are ) you can run more than 1 for multiple feeds

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Any cheap PCI card should work just fine. Try to find one that's a different brand and/or model than the one you currently have, this way the drivers won't conflict with each other. Best to go with completely different brands, but since SB are so overwhelmingly popular, just get a different model than the CT4500 you have now.

rmiller818

Any cheap PCI card should work just fine. Try to find one that's a different brand and/or model than the one you currently have, this way the drivers won't conflict with each other. Best to go with completely different brands, but since SB are so overwhelmingly popular, just get a different model than the CT4500 you have now.

Bingo! That's how mine is setup, one on a Soundblaster card and one on a Turtle Beach card. You could also use the onboard sound card.

Don't expect to do much else with the PC, I had a similar setup to yours and with two feeds and encoders running it couldn't do much else quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.