TwoToneDetect71 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hello everyone. I've posted v71 of TwoToneDetect on the website. Instructions for downloading a version for the Pi can be found on that page. Some pretty big changes with this version, so please test thoroughly before deploying for regular use and please provide feedback. Many thanks to DC31 for helping extensively with testing. I'm sure we haven't caught all bugs yet though. Here's a summary of the changes:
  • Changed GUI to be HTML based. TwoToneDetect acts as a web server to display the GUI.
    • Tones Editor functionality is built into the main program GUI and is no longer a standalone program.
    • Remote access to the TwoToneDetect GUI via web browser on a LAN is supported, including on “headless” devices such as a Raspberry Pi running a non-GUI operating system (“Lite” OS).
    • The default port for remote access via web browser is 8080 but this can be changed in the configuration settings.
    • The option to start minimized (start_minimized) has been replaced with an option to start headless (start_headless). When TwoToneDetect is started in “headless mode”, the GUI will not be visible on the desktop but the program will be running and the GUI can be accessed via web browser by browsing to index.html at the IP address of the computer that TwoToneDetect is running on and the appropriate port. For example: http://192.168.1.13:8080/index.html
  • Added ability to use twotonedetect.net for audio file hosting. A hyperlink to the file in the body of the message can be used with SMS notifications (to avoid MMS), push notifications, or email.
  • Variable substitution added to alert_command in addition to post_email_command for [mp3], [amr], [wav] and [t] tags ([d] tag had already been implemented)
  • Push notifications will be sent with the text from the “Email Body” in the message
  • /log/heartbeat.log file is written with an updated timestamp once per minute to allow external scripts to check responsiveness.
  • Added option to send a copy of the email to the sending address when using the BCC option. Some users have said that this reduces blockage by spam filters.
  • Changed behavior of ignore_after parameter to start timer after recording has stopped. Duplicate tones will always be ignored while a recording for that tone is active regardless of the ignore_after setting.
  • Changed processing of stacked tones so that only a single audio recording thread is used to reduce processor load. Recording time is now automatically extended during stacked tones. Audio files are copied for each tone in the stacked page after recording.
  • Changed FTP file upload for stacked tones so that a single FTP connection is used to upload all files in the stacked sequence.
  • Added ability to specify a path on the FTP server to upload to (using the upload_ftp_remote_path parameter in config.cfg) rather than being limited to the root directory that is logged into. For example, use /audio/ to upload to an audio subdirectory.
  • Program automatically removes audio files older than 15 days old to reduce storage
  • “dummy” ffmpeg file no longer needed when running on Raspi
The new audio file hosting service is a "we'll see how it goes" thing right now. If it performs well, I may look into offering things like push notifications through a TTD mobile app or something similar at some point in the future. The portion of the web site to create a username and API key is functional but ugly. Hopefully it'll improve over time. Many ideas, not much free time.

As always, let me me know of any problems.

Thanks,

Andy

N1EO

Just installed today and received the first page and it worked as expected. Now waiting for the first stacked page.
I really like really that everything I need is accessible from the one HTML page, excellent work!!!

Thank you
Ed

DC31

Feed Provider
Wouldn't one be able to delete the old EXE and replace it with the new one?
Version71 is a major rewrite of the program. There are several other files included in the .zip download that support the new web interface. Move your tones.cfg and config.cfg over to the new folder rather than moving the .exe to the old folder.

dwh367

Version71 is a major rewrite of the program. There are several other files included in the .zip download that support the new web interface. Move your tones.cfg and config.cfg over to the new folder rather than moving the .exe to the old folder.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense now. I'm a new user who just started out with the current version. It works great and I appreciate all of the time and effort you've put into it.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

CFD305

I tried updating to 71 but everytime i change anything in Edit Config the program will not restart with the changes made after clicking shutdown or x ing out. I get an error that says "Failed to execute script" and the browser says site cant be reached. Looking at the cfg file in word pad it shows changes made.

CFD305

I tried updating to 71 but everytime i change anything in Edit Config the program will not restart with the changes made after clicking shutdown or x ing out. I get an error that says "Failed to execute script" and the browser says site cant be reached. Looking at the cfg file in word pad it shows changes made.

I figured out the issue. When i change the audio channel from mono to right which is the channel that input is on, it messes up the cfg file. It works fine on just mono.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I figured out the issue. When i change the audio channel from mono to right which is the channel that input is on, it messes up the cfg file. It works fine on just mono.

Thanks, I'll look into this, you likely found a bug I'll need to release an update for.

Andy

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What am I doing wrong?

Have been using V70 with no issues, using my windows 10 laptop. Downloaded and tried V71, though it starts up (according to task manager) and I see the debug cmd screen scroll by, it never appears on my screen. Task Manager shows it's using resources, so it must be working but I can't see it or make any changes. Have tried with new and old cfg files, tried to run as admin, but same results. I know it's something I'm doing but can't figure out what.

Any suggestions?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
First, make sure
Code:
start_headless = 0
in config.cfg

Assuming that's good, do you have the Chrome browser installed on the laptop? The GUI uses Chromium. If that's not installed, you can browse to the GUI from any other browser by going to:

http://IPADDRESS:8080/index.html

Andy

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
First, make sure
Code:
start_headless = 0
in config.cfg
Assuming that's good, do you have the Chrome browser installed on the laptop? The GUI uses Chromium. If that's not installed, you can browse to the GUI from any other browser by going to:
http://IPADDRESS:8080/index.html
Andy

Thank you @aaknitt, I have gotten it to work on my browser and like the new format. Am I to understand it must be run through the browser? Also, is there a way to hide the CMD screens, when audio is recording, from popping up over other screens/programs on the computer?

Appreciate your hard work to make it happen!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Thank you @aaknitt, I have gotten it to work on my browser and like the new format. Am I to understand it must be run through the browser? Also, is there a way to hide the CMD screens, when audio is recording, from popping up over other screens/programs on the computer?

Appreciate your hard work to make it happen!

It should start a GUI on its own. That GUI is essentially an instance of Chromium (Chrome browser) running in "app mode". I have not tried it on a system that didn't already have Chrome installed, so that may be an issue/dependency.

The CMD screens popping up when audio is recording is a result of the program calling ffmpeg to convert WAV to MP3 files. I'm not sure there's a way around that but I can look into it and see if there's a way to address it in a future release.

Andy

cobraultra

Feed Provider
Andy - Love the update!
Coming across an issue with the IP address.
When my TTD thin client boots up it auto connects to a VPN connect. I offload the audio and also right to a sql server.
If and almost every time TTD boots up it is after the VPN has connected and it assigns it the VPN ip address to HTTP server side. Meaning I can't locally connect to the TTD HTTP server and remotely edit.
Is there a way to allow it to answer on all IP's assigned to the box or maybe statically assign it? I know the static part might be a little much since most users are going to be plug and play. So the listen on all IP's might be the best.

Thanks in advance!! Great job!

Tony

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy - Love the update!
Coming across an issue with the IP address.
When my TTD thin client boots up it auto connects to a VPN connect. I offload the audio and also right to a sql server.
If and almost every time TTD boots up it is after the VPN has connected and it assigns it the VPN ip address to HTTP server side. Meaning I can't locally connect to the TTD HTTP server and remotely edit.
Is there a way to allow it to answer on all IP's assigned to the box or maybe statically assign it? I know the static part might be a little much since most users are going to be plug and play. So the listen on all IP's might be the best.

Thanks in advance!! Great job!

Tony
Tony,

My memory is a little fuzzy but I think I toyed around with this when I was doing the development and couldn't quite figure out how to get it working. I'll dig into it again for the next release. A static assignment may actually be easier and it's something I could enable in the config.cfg file for advanced users but just not put it in the GUI.

Andy

cobraultra

Feed Provider
Tony,

My memory is a little fuzzy but I think I toyed around with this when I was doing the development and couldn't quite figure out how to get it working. I'll dig into it again for the next release. A static assignment may actually be easier and it's something I could enable in the config.cfg file for advanced users but just not put it in the GUI.

Andy

Thanks for your time Andy! That would be awesome. I would have no issues with the static setting in the config.cfg file. Great work! Much appreciated!

bendsley

Feed Provider

I had the same error that says "Failed to execute script" and the browser says site cant be reached. I had to change the audio channel from left to mono to get the program to run. Only problem is that I do need it to be left.

Thanks Andy for all of your hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.