TwoToneDetect71 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I had the same error that says "Failed to execute script" and the browser says site cant be reached. I had to change the audio channel from left to mono to get the program to run. Only problem is that I do need it to be left.

Thanks Andy for all of your hard work!

Yeah, I've found that bug, it'll be corrected in the next update (hopefully 2-3 weeks).

Andy

PGH_Explorer

What am I doing wrong?

Have been using V70 with no issues, using my windows 10 laptop. Downloaded and tried V71, though it starts up (according to task manager) and I see the debug cmd screen scroll by, it never appears on my screen. Task Manager shows it's using resources, so it must be working but I can't see it or make any changes. Have tried with new and old cfg files, tried to run as admin, but same results. I know it's something I'm doing but can't figure out what.

Any suggestions?

I've been experiencing the same issue. No GUI on launch, but the does show up in Task Manager and the web interface works correctly. headless is set to 0.

I'm a Firefox user, so I don't have Chrome installed.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've been experiencing the same issue. No GUI on launch, but the does show up in Task Manager and the web interface works correctly. headless is set to 0.

Just curious if the audio playback of Two Tone works in Firefox for you? It is not working for me.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

aaknitt

Feed Provider

Right now it'll only automatically open the GUI if Chrome is installed. As you've noticed, you can still access the GUI from Firefox manually. I'll look into support for Firefox in the next release.

Andy

davidVT

Feed Provider
Andy,
I have two older version TTDs running with the remote central configuration and redundant process.
How has that changed with v71? Is there still a way to do this?
Can I use the v71 config in any mixed environment (v67,v69,v71)?

New PI+ ordered and downloading v71 today.

My outbound cellphone ‘txt’ audio messages all stopped working from TTD about May 1st with zero error messages so I figured time to move up to linked audio and other notification options.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Very nice work on the new version! I'm testing it out now and one minor comment that I'll make is the tone frequency display. It's displaying with something like 10 or 12 decimal places (which seems a little extreme) and it shows on the line above where the Tone Frequency: line is... which keeps shifting the console window up and down while receiving audio. Other than that my only issue is that it's sending wav attachments instead of mp3 but I'm sure that's a config issue on my end.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,
I have two older version TTDs running with the remote central configuration and redundant process.
How has that changed with v71? Is there still a way to do this?
Can I use the v71 config in any mixed environment (v67,v69,v71)?

I hadn't really considered that, but yes, I think you could use different versions with the redundancy and remote configuration if you wanted to. v71 introduces several new settings that the older versions won't use, but they should just ignore them if using the same config files.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Very nice work on the new version! I'm testing it out now and one minor comment that I'll make is the tone frequency display. It's displaying with something like 10 or 12 decimal places (which seems a little extreme) and it shows on the line above where the Tone Frequency: line is... which keeps shifting the console window up and down while receiving audio.

Interesting, I'm not seeing that here, but I should be able to fix it in the next update.

Other than that my only issue is that it's sending wav attachments instead of mp3 but I'm sure that's a config issue on my end.

Probably missing ffmpeg in the TTD directory.

Andy

davidVT

Feed Provider
Andy,
Very nice upgrade thus far, especially with the browser based GUI!

My Pi is running with a fresh new download of raspbian Stretch. (gui not headless).

This time I am starting mine with a systemd script. It is based on this link:
systemd - Raspberry Pi Documentation

Anyone else try this?

I am curious if any downsides to using this method?

If I kill the TTD task from a command line, it restarts before I can run ‘ps ax’ again.

Thank you
David

davidVT

Feed Provider
To anyone following the systemd path, I would suggest seeking other means of auto start for now.

While my new TTD71 install worked well for a day with systemd, things went south this afternoon.... Perhaps just coincidence but......

-A test page went to far more than just the test group... oops
-The sound card now seems intermittent and often causes the system to crash.
-Even disablement of the systemd script and running normally is causing all kinds of errors....

A new pie arrived tonight. I will start with all fresh hardware and see where I get next.

eekdood

Andy, thanks for all the work you've put into this! I've been running a Pi version for the past ~5 years with almost no maintenance.

I'm now migrating my pi-based services to Ubuntu VMs and from what I can tell, the v71 Pi version of TTD is compiled for ARM. Is this correct? Any chance of releasing the python source or a x86/64 version?

AFDFireMedic

Feed Provider
Hello,

I'm trying to migrate to a win10 PC from a win7 pc. The 7 pc is running 67a with no issues. I did a fresh install on the win10 PC and copied over my tones.cfg and config.cfg files. 71 on the win10 PC is sending out 20+ messages each time it picks up a "tone" and seems to think that ANY keying up of the radio attached to the PC is a "tone". Also, the audio files are empty, it didn't record my saying "disregard this is only a test".

No idea what I've done to screw this up, but it's a mess. Any help would be really appreciated!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hello,

I'm trying to migrate to a win10 PC from a win7 pc. The 7 pc is running 67a with no issues. I did a fresh install on the win10 PC and copied over my tones.cfg and config.cfg files. 71 on the win10 PC is sending out 20+ messages each time it picks up a "tone" and seems to think that ANY keying up of the radio attached to the PC is a "tone". Also, the audio files are empty, it didn't record my saying "disregard this is only a test".

No idea what I've done to screw this up, but it's a mess. Any help would be really appreciated!
Any errors in your log.txt file(s)?

Andy

AFDFireMedic

Feed Provider
Any errors in your log.txt file(s)?

Andy

I ended up just copying the entire 67a folder over from my old PC and it's working as before. I just went looking for the log files from 71, but I must have deleted the entire folder when I removed 71.

So the win10 PC is now running 67a without issues that I've found so far. I'm going to try reinstalling 71 again and see if I get the same issue, I'll post a log once I have one if I do.

davidVT

Feed Provider
Running headless on the Pi, I am finding Firefox on the laptop and iPad seems the best thus far for operating the GUI pages remotely. I was having issues with the editor in Chrome.
Also my problems with the startup seems to be my odd usb audio card. I found a better way to start it and now TTD71 has been running well for two days.
I am back to using systemD for startup and am just now learning how to see the TTD output for debugging as needed. That was one point I missed from the ‘screen’ startup process of the past.
One downside for systemD, if I try to use the shutdown button on the web GUI, the TTD71 just instantly restarts. Perhaps a configurable shutdown field in the future? I will continue to learn about systemD, perhaps there is an option that will address this.
Thank you Andy for your hard work!

MikeOrlando02

What am I doing wrong?

Have been using V70 with no issues, using my windows 10 laptop. Downloaded and tried V71, though it starts up (according to task manager) and I see the debug cmd screen scroll by, it never appears on my screen. Task Manager shows it's using resources, so it must be working but I can't see it or make any changes. Have tried with new and old cfg files, tried to run as admin, but same results. I know it's something I'm doing but can't figure out what.

Any suggestions?

Same issue here... I am using Win XP and it has been a rock on v70. I wanted to get my TTD on an updated OS and we purchased a little netbook to do this; however the audio quality is poor and I am having trouble with tone detection. I will have to dig into this again.

Regardless, my situation is the same without Chrome installed. It appears nothing is happening, but you can access the web interface; however it doesn't display right in IE. Attempting to click on the EXE again appears to open multiple instances as there are more instances in Taskman and also the log files state the port is already in use and that it is trying another port. Seems concerning to have multiple instances at once, especially when you cannot see it running, are they all doing redundant work and going to send multiple copies of the same tones?

For those still in the XP ages, Chrome 49 is the most recent version that will support XP. Using that the UI opened for me and when I browsed via the web things appeared to work. Going to see if I can get this up and running on this system for now.
https://www.slimjet.com/chrome/download-chrome.php?file=win/chrome32_49.0.2623.75.exe

*** UPDATE ***
At first glance it looked like Chrome 49 was displaying the new UI correctly; however it isn't functional. You cannot select audio input/output, click any of the buttons, etc. I will have to get a computer with an updated OS to proceed it appears.

Last edited:
Tried running V71 and 71c.. I get error "Failed to execute script TwoToneDetect71"..

I have changed audio_channel = mono to both left, right & mono as others have, as well as made sure start_headless = 0.

Log files show the following error:
IOError: [Errno -9998] Invalid number of chanels

Appreciate any help!! Running this amazing software supporting folks in one of the biggest departments on the west coast. Seriously, amazing product.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Same issue here... I am using Win XP and it has been a rock on v70. I wanted to get my TTD on an updated OS and we purchased a little netbook to do this; however the audio quality is poor and I am having trouble with tone detection. I will have to dig into this again.

Regardless, my situation is the same without Chrome installed. It appears nothing is happening, but you can access the web interface; however it doesn't display right in IE. Attempting to click on the EXE again appears to open multiple instances as there are more instances in Taskman and also the log files state the port is already in use and that it is trying another port. Seems concerning to have multiple instances at once, especially when you cannot see it running, are they all doing redundant work and going to send multiple copies of the same tones?

For those still in the XP ages, Chrome 49 is the most recent version that will support XP. Using that the UI opened for me and when I browsed via the web things appeared to work. Going to see if I can get this up and running on this system for now.
https://www.slimjet.com/chrome/download-chrome.php?file=win/chrome32_49.0.2623.75.exe

*** UPDATE ***
At first glance it looked like Chrome 49 was displaying the new UI correctly; however it isn't functional. You cannot select audio input/output, click any of the buttons, etc. I will have to get a computer with an updated OS to proceed it appears.

Mike,

You're correct that it's possible to have multiple instances running in parallel with no GUI present if there is no Chrome browser installed. Since most of the time TTD is running without someone sitting there watching it, I'm optimizing things a bit for "headless" or "remote" operation.

Even if you are running an old OS with an outdated browser, you can still access the GUI from a different (newer) computer on your LAN if you enable the "Allow Remote Access" option. TTD acts as a web server to allow you to access the GUI from any browser.

Moving forward I'm looking into adding better support for other browsers, but the library I'm using is designed around Chrome so I started with that.

If you are running with the GUI, I'd suggest at least minimizing the window when it's not being actively monitored, as that should reduce memory usage quite a bit. I'll be looking to optimize memory usage of the GUI in a future release.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.