TwoToneDetect71 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Tried running V71 and 71c.. I get error "Failed to execute script TwoToneDetect71"..

I have changed audio_channel = mono to both left, right & mono as others have, as well as made sure start_headless = 0.

Log files show the following error:
IOError: [Errno -9998] Invalid number of chanels

Appreciate any help!! Running this amazing software supporting folks in one of the biggest departments on the west coast. Seriously, amazing product.

That "Invalid number of channels" error indicates that TTD is having issues accessing the sound card. Make sure you have the correct sound card selected for the audio input. If you can't get the program to start at all, try manually editing config.cfg and setting the input device index and output device index both to 0 (zero), which should be the "default" devices for your system.

Andy

Perfect. Fixed that. All setup and running on Pushover however I am not receiving alerts. Noticed this error in the log files..

STARTING UPLOADS TO TTD AUDIO HOSTING SERVER
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Knitt\Google Drive\Python\TwoToneDetect71c.py", line 1932, in alert
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/BC10_2019_06_17_00_22_56.mp3'
window closed or reloaded,checking for exit criteria in 2 seconds
[(u'index.html', ), (u'showLog.html', )]

That "Invalid number of channels" error indicates that TTD is having issues accessing the sound card. Make sure you have the correct sound card selected for the audio input. If you can't get the program to start at all, try manually editing config.cfg and setting the input device index and output device index both to 0 (zero), which should be the "default" devices for your system.

Andy

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I wish you could do more than 2 tones. I will keep repeating this because for some reason it seems I am the only one who wants it.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Perfect. Fixed that. All setup and running on Pushover however I am not receiving alerts. Noticed this error in the log files..

STARTING UPLOADS TO TTD AUDIO HOSTING SERVER
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Knitt\Google Drive\Python\TwoToneDetect71c.py", line 1932, in alert
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/BC10_2019_06_17_00_22_56.mp3'
window closed or reloaded,checking for exit criteria in 2 seconds
[(u'index.html', ), (u'showLog.html', )]

Can you confirm that ffmpeg is installed and correctly creating MP3 files (not WAV files) in your /audio directory?

Andy

Can you confirm that ffmpeg is installed and correctly creating MP3 files (not WAV files) in your /audio directory?

Andy

That fixed it! Thank you.

I am now getting this error.

e1cc3a4a7707d2bef04e84336286c585.jpg

aaknitt

Feed Provider
That fixed it! Thank you.

I am now getting this error.

e1cc3a4a7707d2bef04e84336286c585.jpg
It looks like you have may multiple instances of the program running at the same time that are detecting the same tone and trying to create the same file. Is that intentional?

Andy

It looks like you have may multiple instances of the program running at the same time that are detecting the same tone and trying to create the same file. Is that intentional?

Andy

Not that I am aware. I will have to check.

challenger604

Hi guys, having an issue with my recording time. My page length for quite some time has been right at 30 seconds per message. Here lately my recording have been at 1min 23sec. It's a loud static after the -30 seconds of talking for the pages out. I have checked settings and even took my record release time down to 1.5. Also checked squelch settings on scanner just to see even though scanner is locked on the frequency I need. Any other suggestions on how to get my recording time down. I only ask because now I am having delivery issues with Verizon I am assuming due to longer and larger audio recordings. I had to lower my bitrate just to be able to upload to the audio hosting side of Andy,s page. Thanks for the help.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Anyone having issues with 71c crashing/locking up? I'm seeing it almost weekly, sometimes more frequently than that. Either it's completely frozen or Chrome itself has crashed and just shows the "oh snap" crash screen. I've also noticed during these situations that according to task manager Chrome is using ignorant amounts of ram. This is on a PC dedicated to TTD, Unitrunker and DSD+, there isn't any everyday browsing done on this machine.

So... this becomes a problem when it's crashed and I'm unaware. Is there a way to close and restart the program daily or something like that? At least then my downtime would be limited if I'm tied up and haven't checked in on things in a while.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Anyone having issues with 71c crashing/locking up? I'm seeing it almost weekly, sometimes more frequently than that. Either it's completely frozen or Chrome itself has crashed and just shows the "oh snap" crash screen. I've also noticed during these situations that according to task manager Chrome is using ignorant amounts of ram. This is on a PC dedicated to TTD, Unitrunker and DSD+, there isn't any everyday browsing done on this machine.

So... this becomes a problem when it's crashed and I'm unaware. Is there a way to close and restart the program daily or something like that? At least then my downtime would be limited if I'm tied up and haven't checked in on things in a while.

Yeah so that's the double-edged sword of using a web browser for a GUI. It makes it easy to do the GUI, but it makes things dependent on Chrome. I would recommend most users run headless (check the "start headless" box in the configuration settings) and access the GUI via web browser when necessary. Even just minimizing the GUI to the taskbar when not actively monitoring it greatly reduces the resources that Chrome tries to gobble up. I have some ideas to reduce Chrome overhead in a future release, but at the end of the day it's still Chrome and kind of a pig. I'm also looking into support for other browsers (most likely Firefox) as the native GUI but for now, get things running and then run headless would be my recommendation.

MikeOrlando02 put together a monitoring batch script for Windows. The original forum thread for that is here and and updated script with some additional capabilities is here.

Andy

DC31

Feed Provider
I agree. My installations are on raspberry pi’s but I experienced the same “Aw, Snap” screens when running the gui versions after a couple days. Making the change to a headless installation cured the problem. I have the pi’s reboot once a week now just to keep things clean.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
So I'm running headless now... should there be more than one TTD entry in the task manager? I just had a call go thru and duplicate emails were sent as well as the console window popping up and hanging at a prompt saying the .mp3 filename already exists, overwrite? (y/n). I've never had that issue before, not sure if it was a fluke or not.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
...and I'm thinking that was just a fluke. Further calls last night were processed normally and with no issues.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
So I'm running headless now... should there be more than one TTD entry in the task manager? I just had a call go thru and duplicate emails were sent as well as the console window popping up and hanging at a prompt saying the .mp3 filename already exists, overwrite? (y/n). I've never had that issue before, not sure if it was a fluke or not.

No, there should only be one TTD process running. If there is more than one running you'll likely get multiple notifications. The file overwrite prompt is a giveaway that two instances are trying to do the same thing at the same time.

johnmac

Feed Provider
I am also getting TTD crashing after a certain period of time. When I start TTD, I get two process running in task manager. Is this correct or is there something wrong. I generally run two instances of Two Tone Detect, when I start the second instance, two more processes show in task manager? I would run headless, but I prefer to see the screen(s) on my monitor to make sure it is running. I would run the script to check the status, but I do not want to reboot, as I have other programs running that I do not want to stop without user input. I would prefer an email letting me know it has crashed. I do not get duplicate notifications.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.