Tx and rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallboy90

Hello,

I have a Motorola Portable. Im on the First Aid squad in my town. I would like to get it programmed to my towns repeater. I noticed that it has an TX and RX on the motorola software. On radio Reference it has the output and the input frequency. The PL tone is 151.4

input: 154.40000
output: 154.07000

Do i need to program my portable to both of these Frequencies? Or do i program the portable to just the input on both TX and RX?

SCPD

QRT
Hello,

I have a Motorola Portable. Im on the First Aid squad in my town. I would like to get it programmed to my towns repeater. I noticed that it has an TX and RX on the motorola software. On radio Reference it has the output and the input frequency. The PL tone is 151.4

input: 154.40000
output: 154.07000

Do i need to program my portable to both of these Frequencies? Or do i program the portable to just the input on both TX and RX?

Here is what ya do,

input: 154.40000 = TX Freq
output: 154.07000 = RX Freq

Set PL on both TX/RX Freqs as 151.4 PL

That should be it.:D

N

N_Jay

If you intend to use the radio to transmit on the system you need to get authorization from the licensee. This may be your "chief", but could be someone in the political structure of your town.
They should verify that the addition of your radio (and any others that have been added over the years) do not exceed the number of portable radios listed on the license.
It is best to get this authorization in writing.

Your radio must be type accepted for Part-90 (almost all Motorola are, unless it was a export only model).
As your system is narrow-banded, you must also make sure your radio is type accepted for 12.5 kHz operation.

talkpair

You may want to consult the person that services the squad's radios as well.

The repeater's input PL code isn't always the same as the repeater's output PL code.

Status
Not open for further replies.