TXDOT Fannin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
OK, after two submitted updates to the Database, I finally got TXDOT for Fannin County properly Identified. They are outputting on 151.0625 but with a 77.0 PL Tone, Emory Dispatch is on 167.9. the 167.9 is being reffered to as Regional HBB (High Band base) however the Localized Operations are on 77.0.

I had submitted Fannin Op's on 151.0550 and seem to have found out that was Bleed-over as I am withing Miles from the TXDOT tower. I discovered this ONLY after going to CT SEARCH on the 97.

I just wanted to Post this so the Admin getting the Updates would understand what and why he/she has had 3 updates submitted over the last hour. for this TXDOT Repeater.

Additionally, I have Hopping TXDOT Activity on:

151.0775 PL: 203.5 Maybe Delta or Hopkins Counties (???)
151.0925 PL: 167.9 Hunt County (Primary - Eastside, Greenville, Caddo Mills, Quinlan, Commerce)
151.0625 PL: 77.0 Fannin County (Primary) ID'd as WPVR582
151.0550 PL: CSQ Mobile to Mobile

all of these Stations are engagged in deployment of Barricaides and monitoring of Water levels. and are Hot, Hot hot in activity currantly.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
And I did later find that 151.0770 PL: 203.5 is TXDOT Red River County. either out of Clarksville or Paris. however the Operations on that specific channel and tone were for Red River County, Texas.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Sherman (Grayson Co) TXDOT RPT is on 151.0475 / 173.8. What's weird is the input is the statewide mobile frequency of 151.055 / 173.8. There is an automated morse IDer on this frequency as well.

Flagmen have been heard using 156.135 and there was some simplex traffic on this frequency during the recent snowstorm.

SCPD

QRT
The other weird thing were the PL tones being used. Bonham for example is normally 151.0625 PL: 167.9. But during this storm they were operating 77.0.

Clarksville was another fine example of this. on the Lamar Co. Tower 151.0770 they were using a 203.5 tone, but during normal times they have a 173.8 PL on that site, or so the DB says.

I want to submit these to the RRDB, but I want to be correct in doing so, if anyone in Lamar, Hunt, Hopkins & Red river Counties can confirm this, Please post!

Thanks Mike for the info for Grayson Co. Also, ODOT in Bryan & Love County [OK] use 156MHz Outputs as well.

Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
MaxTracker said:
The other weird thing were the PL tones being used. Bonham for example is normally 151.0625 PL: 167.9. But during this storm they were operating 77.0.

Clarksville was another fine example of this. on the Lamar Co. Tower 151.0770 they were using a 203.5 tone, but during normal times they have a 173.8 PL on that site, or so the DB says.

I want to submit these to the RRDB, but I want to be correct in doing so, if anyone in Lamar, Hunt, Hopkins & Red river Counties can confirm this, Please post!

Thanks Mike for the info for Grayson Co. Also, ODOT in Bryan & Love County [OK] use 156MHz Outputs as well.

Sent you an email. :)

Boulder

max i was noticing the same thing with the TXDOT down in Tyler Dispatch as i was listening today. Normally they have a PL of 167.9 but found this morning crews checking a few flooded areas on 77.0 PL (151.0475)

SCPD

QRT
ok this is getting interesting. Rattler, Delta Co. has a TXDOT license for 151.0775 I wonder if the Delta Co. tower covers both Delta and Red River Co. and operates on the 203.5 PL tone?

I listened to both Hunt and Fannin Co. TXDOT operations today, I notices Hunt primary is on 151.0925 with a 167.9 tone and Fannin was using the 151.0625 - 77.0 Combonation. Boulder is hearing Tyler on a differant tone. have they completely changed everything? or is this a seperate tone for specific circumstances?

reguardless, it seems we have an old State agency with new secrets to discover. Thanks for that report Boulder, this is getting fun again.

Boulder

Max I should add this morning I was hearing both 77.0 and 167.9 PLs being used on 151.0475 ...the 167.9 was the main TXDOT ops for Tyler Dispatch and 77.0 was a couple guys checking some high water areas somewhere down this way.

I will keep any eye out and listen and keep it in PL Search mode the next several days and see if I can notice anything (usually I just keep the 167.9 locked in so that is the first time I've heard the 77.0 PL being used but I'll keep an eye on it and see if it comes up again)

nd5y

How long ago did you notice the tone changes? Are you sure you were hearing the same repeater with different tones?
Over here there were two new repeaters that they put up and then changed tones several months later.
There are also two repeaters on either side of me on the same frequency I can hear and they both have different tones.
I think the most likely reason for changing tones is because of interference.

SCPD

QRT
Tom, this new tone stuff has popped up since the rain storms. prior to that, I never really scanned TXDOT and when I did I always listened to the 167.9 & 173.8 tones for the various repeaters.

Today however, Bonham TXDOT were operating Normal TXDOT operations on 151.0625 PL: 77.0, the traffic concerning barricades was lite, but the rest of it was normal TXDOT this and thats. Hunt County is operating in tone (167.9) but there primary frequency has been 151.0925 which is not the Main Dispatch listed for Hunt Co.

Most of the traffic today was road work around the county that has been going on for a while, but the radio traffic is very heavy. Oh and very Informal, Dispatch calls themselves "Catfish"

But yeah, the activity on the air has become heavier since the Storms. What are you thinking? maybe they are activating a seperate tone for Flooding & Weather events or Specific operations?

Well since TXU has kicked everyone off, DPS is pretty set in APCO-25 maybe the State Radio Techs are getting TXDOT up and running now?!!

Last edited:

rbhtxk

151.0775 with a PL of 167.9 was what Cooper "base" was using Tuesday for flood ops. This is the normal channel and PL tone. I did hear 47.240 very strong several times (thought maybe it was Sulphur Springs?) during the evening. I got the feeling that not all TXDOT vehicles have the new 'hi-band' radios (that's what they were calling them Tuesday). Lots of chat from Red River County and Lamar County. I never heard Greenville, although I heard them referenced several times; I gues because they were using a different PL tone?

nd5y

Since I can't hear them I don't really know what to think.
Maybe they were going to change tones anyway and it was just a coincidence that it happend right before a flood.
Changing PL tones just for some particular incindent doesn't make any sense.
Several times a while back we had flooding around here. TxDOT was very busy but I never heard any new tones.

SCPD

QRT
I couldn't see changing tones for an event, but I could see the possibility of a Region wide Channel with one tone, then each work crew or base having its own channel seperate.

on 151.0775 PL: 203.5 TXDOT was working 82 & 415 (or 4 something) In and around Detroit (Red River County)

on 151.0925 PL: 167.9 TXDOT worked ALL Hunt County operations.

on 151.0625 PL: 77.0 was TXDOT Fannin Co. and on: 167.9 was Emory reffered to as REG. HBB (Regional High Band Base)

on 151.0550 No Tone were either Bleed over or some occassional Mobile to Mobile chatter.

Now the 203.5 didn't come in clear enough to get a PL tone untill later that Morning after the last of the storms were moving through. then it got louder and I was able to nail down the tone.

under the WPVR Callsign there are several frequencies listed that I have not scanned, So I will be scanning them to see if there are new changes and more chatter. Maybe TXDOT is on the growing move finally.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
MaxTracker said:
I couldn't see changing tones for an event, but I could see the possibility of a Region wide Channel with one tone, then each work crew or base having its own channel seperate.

on 151.0775 PL: 203.5 TXDOT was working 82 & 415 (or 4 something) In and around Detroit (Red River County)

on 151.0925 PL: 167.9 TXDOT worked ALL Hunt County operations.

on 151.0625 PL: 77.0 was TXDOT Fannin Co. and on: 167.9 was Emory reffered to as REG. HBB (Regional High Band Base)

on 151.0550 No Tone were either Bleed over or some occassional Mobile to Mobile chatter.

Now the 203.5 didn't come in clear enough to get a PL tone untill later that Morning after the last of the storms were moving through. then it got louder and I was able to nail down the tone.

under the WPVR Callsign there are several frequencies listed that I have not scanned, So I will be scanning them to see if there are new changes and more chatter. Maybe TXDOT is on the growing move finally.
Maybe they could be linking the towers together, like they did with Austin and Abilene? a while back. That started some interesting chat a few months back, if I recall correctly. When the regional-sounding traffic starts up, quickly scan the other area channels and see if the same thing is coming across a different tower elsewhere.

SCPD

QRT
Good idea, thanks. saw the update in the DB for Clarksville. I appriciate that Rattler.

Also, what's up with Ferguson Unit (Midway TX) Field force operating on Inter-City? Southern Farms changing frequencies?

Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
MaxTracker said:
Good idea, thanks. saw the update in the DB for Clarksville. I appriciate that Rattler.

Also, what's up with Ferguson Unit (Midway TX) Field force operating on Inter-City? Southern Farms changing frequencies?

???

I didn't have any clue. Are you hearing a base station, and is it on 154.950 or 155.370? I work there overtime two nights out of every eight day rotation, so I will see if I can dig anything up while I'm there next week. All I have ever heard while I am there is building on CH 43, 154.085 (100.0), with the associated walking on from Wynne's 3 million watt base station (JK, not true). And I have heard field force units chit-chatting on common 153.905 (100.0). Officers from Eastham, Ellis, Estelle and Ferguson all use the 153.815/154.980 repeater in the fields for various reasons. 154.980 is pretty close to car-car. Hmmmm....I'll see what I can find.

SCPD

QRT
Icom mobile heard the traffic on 155.3700. couldn't hear the input (154.9500) some Major on a horse yelling about this and that with a DEEP South Texas accent. Then Ferguson unit started talking to the Major and then Cleard as "Ferguson Clear" I was well north of D/FW when I heard it. Isn't the Wynn repeater up some 1500 feet at the Ellis unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.