TxWARN Houston TG and Site Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert721

I have information that the downtown site has been taking offline and the control channels have been reassigned to other sites. I am still getting traffic from the DT site. The change over to P25 is also underway, Units in HCSO Dist 2 (NE) were temporally on the P25 but were moved back due to some issues. Has anyone else heard similar info or heard any new P25 TG's?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The downtown site (Motorola system) was taken down and the frequencies farmed out to 4 different sites as depicted in the database entry, see sites 26 - 29. This was done many months ago and the old downtown CCh 860.2375 is still a CCh at the new "Downtown" site.

As for the HCSO being on the P25 system, I was unaware that District 2 moved back to the analog system, but I know that District 1 is still on the P25 system as I started listening when I started to type this reply and have heard them at least twice in the last minute or so. I am anxiously waiting for District 4 (my local area) to move onto the P25 since basically I like the clarity. Oh, I just heard a District 2 dispatch on the P25 system, so...

Robert721

Txwarn

do you have any idea where the new DT site is located? I know they are programming radios now for D1. The D2 had some mobile issues. The dispatch was not taken off line. I guess I need to down load new data fron the site and start getting ready to reprogaming my radio.

Are the new p25 TG listed yet? I just found the answer to my own question.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I'm not sure which question you already answered for yourself; however, the answers to all the questions you asked are contained in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.