TxWarn updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through the TxWarn group for harris county, and noticed that it's still showing the Galveston CHD talk groups as analog, when I know they went to digital. Where can I find the most up to date listing for the TxWarn system? Trying to manually program the talk groups for EMS/Fire for unincorporated GC and city of Galveston, and I'm just curious.

At this point I've been looking at both. Im trying to get the GFs 668 workinh go hear ems/fire/pd ops primarily on the island, but also hitchcock and bay fire. So far om having minimal luck

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

teknishun

At this point I've been looking at both. Im trying to get the GFs 668 workinh go hear ems/fire/pd ops primarily on the island, but also hitchcock and bay fire. So far om having minimal luck

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The 668 is quite similar to the GRE-PSR800. Since you are primarily interested in Galveston County and immediate area be sure you only put in the Galveston County Simulcast site 1-54 for that system.

When you have more than one site entered for a system the 668 will lock onto and stay on
only the strongest control channel and will not scan the others unless the signal falls below
the decode threshold. By only having one site entered (Galveston County Simulcast) this will
eliminate that problem. The GC Simul has towers in League City, Texas City, Galveston and
Santa Fe. You should not have any trouble receiving GC entities. It has a strong signal.

Hitchcock and Galveston PD and SO and Beach Patrol and LOTS of other things can all be heard
over GC Simulcast. Check the RR listings for the trunk groups you want hear and create your play lists from that.

I use GC Simulcast in Alvin (Alvin PD is on there) and it works great even with a rubber duck antenna.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Teknishun WA5MLM

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Talk Group

Which one are you looking at? I'm assuming that you are looking at the Type II system because you mentioned that the TG you were interested in was analog. For digital, check Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) (P25) Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

I last monitored Galveston in June, 2016. There was a mixture of analog and digital, both TXWarn MOT and TXWarn P25 talk groups were active.

I have looked at Galveston County Heath District on both systems.

Suggestion for listener attempting to monitor Galveston: I think it would be best to identify which talk group you are making reference to by DEC (first column under talk groups for Galveston county, not the alpha tag or description).

Let's take this example:

GCHD1 for TX Warn MOT, shows TG of 51008, which shows to be analog

GCHD1 for TX Warn P25, shows TG of 3188, which shows to be Phase I digital.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
The analog and P25 TxWARN systems are linked together through a SmartX switch. You can take any analog talkgroup ID and divide it by 16 to get the P25 equivalent.

FlashSWT

My office is in Galveston and I don't hear much traffic on the old analog system anymore. I don't turn in on every day, but when I do it'll go hours with no traffic.

And actually, I'm not getting a Control Channel on either 853.6625 or 853.9125 right now. I wonder if they finally took it off the air...

Myles

GCHD TG

These are the P25 TG I have for GCHD (EMS)

3217 EMS1/Firecom-3
3219 EMS2
3221 EMS3/GMT1 (General Medical Transfers)
3223 EMS4/GMT2
3405 EMS-UTMB
3469 EMS-MMC (Mainland Medical Center)

Myles

Galveston County Health District did some changes to their channel line-up.

3216 "GMR" Galveston Fire/EMS/Beach Patrol Joint Response
3217 Firecom-3
3219 Firecom-7
3221 EMS Ops 1
3223 EMS Ops 2
3225 Firecom-8

Status
Not open for further replies.