• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT MD-380

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dtx-120

I really don't know what's going on. I've used the stock firmware this morning and the results are the same. Audio reception is crystal clear and the signal is strong, but no one on Brandmiester can hear my transmissions. I've tried using handheld antenna with a 6db gain and also on my mobile antenna. I'm able to transmit on Simplex as monitored from my DMR capable Whistler scanner, and I've monitored the receive frequency of the repeater. I'm able to hear the Tx from my radio on the repeater's Rx frequency on the scanner as well. These are screenshots of one of the channels I'm using into the repeater and my contact list:

Attachments

• channel-screen-cap.png
    channel-screen-cap.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 23
  • channel-list-cap.png
    channel-list-cap.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
D

dtx-120

Unfortunately, no changes in the ability to be heard. Another symptom of this problem is that when I Tx to the Parrot, the response I receive back is brief (less than a second) and there is no audio recorded to play back. I'm convinced I'm making it into the reflector from the repeater, but what happens after that is a mystery. Btw, this is a nifty piece of software that can be used on the UV380. It has the ability to import and export CSV files and can also flash firmwares and the user database.

Editcp - MD-380/MD-390/MD40/MD-UV380/MD-UV390 Codeplug Editor
www.farnsworth.org : /dale/codeplug/editcp/downloads/windows/

I'm attaching a screenshot of the repeater information, so you can verify the time slots and talk group numbers I'm using for this repeater.

Attachments

• 675-talkgroups.png
    675-talkgroups.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
D

dtx-120

Well my friend, I am making some progress. I loaded another code plug and another party was able to hear me and my call sign. He said I had about a 65% packet loss and when I went outside, someone else had jumped in and knocked me out of the conversation. This is the channel info settings I was able to connect with. I'm going to try driving closer to the repeater later and see what's what. The capture below is from the other software program I mentioned in my prior post:

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 17

w2xq

Mentor
You got me. I am out of ideas. If you want to try calling me, I'll listen on Tristate 31360 until 5 pm today. Unfortunately Hoseline is down, agsin

Re WJ2O's software, perhaps you saw my notes posted on Amateur Radio page. My attempts to use Editcp failed, badly.

D

dtx-120

You got me. I am out of ideas. If you want to try calling me, I'll listen on Tristate 31360 until 5 pm today. Unfortunately Hoseline is down, agsin

Re WJ2O's software, perhaps you saw my notes posted on Amateur Radio page. My attempts to use Editcp failed, badly.

Success! I drove within about 5 miles of the repeater and used my mobile antenna and finally made a couple of good QCO's today. I'm relived the actual radio is not the problem. It's becoming apparent that talking indoors on an HT antenna (even though it is high gain), could be the issue. I will investigate this some more and get back to you on it. I'll try that talk group tomorrow and followed you here on the forums. I appreciate you helping me troubleshoot today. I'm going to consider this resolved. :D

73 to you sir,
/dtx

w2xq

Mentor
Dtx, after all that you went through, it sounds like a hotspot is the answer. And one gives you many more TGs to choose from. Shoveling water upstream is no fun.

D

dtx-120

Last edited:

wrath

DVMEGA just came out with a radio hotspot in one that will do DMR,DSTAR,FUSION it also has an upgrade that will allow you to use your HT or any tablet or smart phone ,it can save you newbies a ton of money ,PS when you get your hotspot you will need to change your radio settings codeplug to simplex operation on single time slot for it to work.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

w2xq

Mentor
Wrath, if you would post a link to the DVMEGA website that shows the new hotspot and upgrade you mentioned... it would be appreciated. I can't find it. Tnx.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The bTech 6x2 is the same radio as the Anytone and cost about the same with two batteries.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I had tyt 380 less than a year and the screen turn white and fuzzy. The place refuses to exchange it since it had a year warranty. I’m thinking looking into the 2017 model.

D

dtx-120

DVMEGA just came out with a radio hotspot in one that will do DMR,DSTAR,FUSION it also has an upgrade that will allow you to use your HT or any tablet or smart phone ,it can save you newbies a ton of money ,PS when you get your hotspot you will need to change your radio settings codeplug to simplex operation on single time slot for it to work.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. My mmdvm hotspot is up and running fine. The one I have came with a 3.2" Nextion screen which I'm looking forward to customizing.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.