• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

U of U frequency listed wrong

The Uniden database has a conventional listing under 'Salt Lake County" and then under 'Utah State - University of Utah' for a frequency of 153.905 and it shows it as Campus Shuttle Buses. I hear it really good at least once a day way down in Saratoga Springs, but it is always medical dispatches, almost like pager dispatches. I heard them dispatch an ambulance to a scene just yesterday. For sure ain't no campus bus traffic. I may submit this to radioreference but not sure what the proper name for it should be. Maybe just 'Medical'? The buses must have moved to some other frequency or system. This is actually a good frquency if you like the ambulance stuff. Not super active but worth having place in your scanner if you live around here.

Nope, I live really close to that hospital because it's over at Thanksgiving point area. If the wind was right, I could throw a rock and hit that new hospital. It sounds a tiny bit quiet and noisy as I would expect a conventional signal from that distance to sound like. If it was that, I'd probably have to put it on attenuation it would be so strong.

Campus Shuttle Bus just dispatched to another medical emergency. Nice to know they are getting double use out of those buses!! When the bus schedule dies down they use them as ambulances. Brilliant! The frequency is not coming up above the noise tonight so I didn't catch what the emergency was. I'm going to rename that one as 'Medical Dispatch'.