U of U frequency listed wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortoma61

The Uniden database has a conventional listing under 'Salt Lake County" and then under 'Utah State - University of Utah' for a frequency of 153.905 and it shows it as Campus Shuttle Buses. I hear it really good at least once a day way down in Saratoga Springs, but it is always medical dispatches, almost like pager dispatches. I heard them dispatch an ambulance to a scene just yesterday. For sure ain't no campus bus traffic. I may submit this to radioreference but not sure what the proper name for it should be. Maybe just 'Medical'? The buses must have moved to some other frequency or system. This is actually a good frquency if you like the ambulance stuff. Not super active but worth having place in your scanner if you live around here.

KD7DDC

If you are hearing it in Saratoga Springs I'm wondering if maybe it's being used at the new hospital in Lehi

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

mortoma61

Nope, I live really close to that hospital because it's over at Thanksgiving point area. If the wind was right, I could throw a rock and hit that new hospital. It sounds a tiny bit quiet and noisy as I would expect a conventional signal from that distance to sound like. If it was that, I'd probably have to put it on attenuation it would be so strong.

mortoma61

Campus Shuttle Bus just dispatched to another medical emergency. Nice to know they are getting double use out of those buses!! When the bus schedule dies down they use them as ambulances. Brilliant! The frequency is not coming up above the noise tonight so I didn't catch what the emergency was. I'm going to rename that one as 'Medical Dispatch'.

m00se

Good find. Do you know the unit numbers of any of the ambulances dispatched out?

Status
Not open for further replies.