U.P.-- Sawyer Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkman123

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone picked up anything from Sawyer Airport near Marquette? They are using a Motorola Type II Smartnet setup and are on the following frequencies:

856.83750 857.83750 858.83750 859.83750 860.83750

I'm sure I have everything set up properly for Smartnet Type II, and I hear towers regularly that are much closer than the one at the airport.

Kirk
Ishpeming

kirkman123

Premium Subscriber
Oops, I meant to say that I regularly hear traffic from towers that are much further than the one at the airport.

Kirk
Ishpeming

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I believe the Motorola system at the airport may either be low powered, or using the iDEN format. If you hear a lot of noise on those frequencies, which sounds like white noise and static, then its an iDEN TRS.

73's

Ron

mas

If the radio system is anything like the IDEN TRS at Mitchell in Milwaukee, you will have to be within 2 or 3 miles of the airport before you hear anything on those frequencies.

kirkman123

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your answers. I have to go to the airport in October to pick up my niece. I'll have to take my handheld and see if I hear anything while I'm there.

Kirk

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
kirkman123 said:
Thanks for your answers. I have to go to the airport in October to pick up my niece. I'll have to take my handheld and see if I hear anything while I'm there.

Kirk

Thank you! Keep us posted on what you find out!

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.