U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE, BUREAU OF CONSULAR AFFAIRS, PASSPORT AGENCIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Passport Agencies

I was at a passport agency recently. They had uniformed contract security officers working at the passport agencies. I think they were carrying Motorola XTS 2500 or 5000s. Does anybody happen to know frequencies or if they are simplex or have access to a repeater?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Passport Agencies

I was at a passport agency recently. They had uniformed contract security officers working at the passport agencies. I think they were carrying Motorola XTS 2500 or 5000s. Does anybody happen to know frequencies or if they are simplex or have access to a repeater?

Where are you located? You do not have a location set in your profile. Did the uniformed security officers have any company name on their uniforms?

ecps92

I've always though the State Dept would use the UHF as the Agent/Protection Units also were on UHF, but the local Passport facility [Pease NH] never appears to have activity when I am up there monitoring [weekends]

400-420 might be a place to search and I would says simplex [maybe re-use the Agent-Agent channels ?] Just a WAG
The Fed Files Blog: State Department Frequencies
Passport Agencies

JASII

Memory Capacity
This was in Minneapolis Minnesota. The uniformed contract officers don't have their company name on their shoulder patches. The patches actually say United States Department of State.

I agree that APCO P25 UHF simplex is likely.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What kind of scanner do you have? Could always do close call or whatever gre calls theirs if you have that feature..

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Previous reports seem to indicate a federal frequency in the 400-420 range is most likely, a lesser possibility of a VHF federal channel, or even a UHF business frequency, depending on the contract company or agency that is supplying the security guards. The biggest issue is probably catching them talking, as they usually don't use the radios that often at these facilities...

Good luck!

- Chris

davynavy

Premium Subscriber
It really depends on where you live, here in Dallas, the security officers use UHF but the radio system is only used in their office. I doubt it would reach outside of the building. They don't have a repeater on the building. They were uniform like the secret service and the patches don't indicate the contract company. The office isn't open on weekends.

davynavy

Premium Subscriber
I've always though the State Dept would use the UHF as the Agent/Protection Units also were on UHF, but the local Passport facility [Pease NH] never appears to have activity when I am up there monitoring [weekends]

400-420 might be a place to search and I would says simplex [maybe re-use the Agent-Agent channels ?] Just a WAG
The Fed Files Blog: State Department Frequencies

The office like Dallas may not be open on weekends so you won't hear them.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I think they use the Federal protective service main channel which is 407.0 $201. Verify when they do their ?Hourly? Radio checks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Several years ago I heard traffic on 408.600 at the old DoS office in downtown Miami. I believe it was still analog at the time but most of the DSS stuff has switched to P25 since then. I also remember they wore uniforms with DoS patches.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Here in Los Angeles they utilize two simplex frequencies - 407.8625 NAC 0F0 and 413.12500 NAC 293

Status
Not open for further replies.