U.S. DOD Pendleton Programming on BC396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj5

I've been having some trouble programming this system (U.S. Department of Defense: Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies), so if there is anyone that can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I entered the system in as a P25 trunk system, assigned the frequencies for both sites 5-2 and 5-4, and entered in all the talkgroups for Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton. Well, during scanning I get absolutely no reception. If I just scan the frequencies, the control channel squelches, but it is silent, and I can hear both 386.55000a and 388.02500 as conventional P25 channels. Anyone else have some other tips as to why I can't hear anything during a trunked scan, but can hear traffic during a normal conventional scan? It's fairly busy on those two frequencies in regular scan, so I know it has nothing to do with being a quiet system.

Cheers!

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
It should work :D

Do you have the main control channel programmed in ? (386.1000 cc). Just checked the control channel this morning it's on 386.1000.

Take the scanner out of "SCAN" and put it in "SEARCH".... See if it will pick up the talkgroups now...

[note: Shouldn't this be in the San Diego or California Forum area!] "Greater Los Angeles Inland areas" ? ? ? :roll:

San Diego County has 70 miles (110 km) of coastline.It has a mild Mediterranean to semi-arid climate.[3] Also in this county are 16 significant naval and military locations of the United States Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Coast Guard, including Naval Base San Diego, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, and Naval Air Station North Island.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_County,_California

Last edited:

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
[note: Shouldn't this be in the San Diego or California Forum area!] "Greater Los Angeles Inland areas" ? ? ? :roll:

San Diego County has 70 miles (110 km) of coastline.It has a mild Mediterranean to semi-arid climate.[3] Also in this county are 16 significant naval and military locations of the United States Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Coast Guard, including Naval Base San Diego, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, and Naval Air Station North Island.
San Diego County, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe the thread should be in the California statewide area, as the system will cover every USMC facility in California and Arizona, at a minimum.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.