• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

U.S. Government's Solution to High Prescription Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Anti-epileptic and anti-anxiety medications were detected in a portion of the treated drinking water for 18.5 million people in Southern California."

They need quite a bit more than what they're getting.

"Researchers at the U.S. Geological Survey analyzed a Passaic Valley Water Commission drinking water treatment plant, which serves 850,000 people in Northern New Jersey, and found a metabolized angina medicine and the mood-stabilizing carbamazepine in drinking water."

The common phrase is " Ah maron, you give me agita!"

"A sex hormone was detected in San Francisco's drinking water."

Why am I not surprised?

"The drinking water for Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas tested positive for six pharmaceuticals."

Like California they need more medication.

"The New York state health department and the USGS tested the source of the city's water, upstate. They found trace concentrations of heart medicine, infection fighters, estrogen, anti-convulsants, a mood stabilizer and a tranquilizer."

Sounds like New York, only they need more tranquilizers.

"City water officials declined repeated requests for an interview. In a statement, they insisted that "New York City's drinking water continues to meet all federal and state regulations regarding drinking water quality in the watershed and the distribution system."

Typical New York response.

"Arlington, Texas, acknowledged that traces of a pharmaceutical were detected in its drinking water but cited post-9/11 security concerns in refusing to identify the drug."

Ah that overworked "national security" response again. Bush is from Texas.

"The Stroud Water Research Center, in Avondale, Pa., has measured water samples from New York City's upstate watershed for caffeine..."

New York runs on Starbuck's.

"He suspects it escapes from failed septic tanks."

EEEEEWWWWW!!!!! I just KNEW something was up with their Kitty Coffee!

"Even users of bottled water and home filtration systems don't necessarily avoid exposure. Bottlers, some of which simply repackage tap water..."

Evian is naive spelled backward.

"Male fathead minnows living in that downstream area had low testosterone levels and small heads."

I'm sure you know some people like that, take a look around Washington DC.

"Notably, male fish are being feminized, creating egg yolk proteins, a process usually restricted to females."

That fills in the details on San Francisco.

"While Grumbles said the EPA had analyzed 287 pharmaceuticals for possible inclusion on a draft list of candidates for regulation under the Safe Drinking Water Act, he said only one, nitroglycerin, was on the list. Nitroglycerin can be used as a drug for heart problems, but the key reason it's being considered is its widespread use in making explosives."

Don't give the terrorists any ideas, now they'll be making water bombs!

"...medicines for depression and epilepsy that can damage the brain or change behavior..."

I think we just shed some light on the problem in New Jersey.

"However, some experts say medications may pose a unique danger because, unlike most pollutants, they were crafted to act on the human body."

Teenage mutant ninja turtles! No WONDER I have this craving for pizza!

"We know we are being exposed to other people's drugs through our drinking water, and that can't be good," says Dr. David Carpenter.

Well doc, if it pains you so much you can have some of my Vicoden.

With all that in mind I leave you with this verse of the prophet from The Book Of Dylan 12:35;

Well, they'll stone you when you're trying to be so good,
They'll stone you just like they said they would.
They'll stone you when you're trying to go home,
Then they'll stone you when you're there all alone.
But I would not feel so all alone,
Everybody must get stoned!

Status
Not open for further replies.