• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

U.S. Secret Service - Two New Buses In Its Fleet - PHOTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Database Admin
U.S. Secret Service - Two new buses in its fleet

Fed Files Blog - Upcoming POTUS Bus Tour - (with info on the bus).
http://mt-fedfiles.blogspot.com/2011/08/upcoming-potus-bus-tour.html

Cryptome.org - Obama Protection 44 - New Bus Large Photos
http://cryptome.org/info/obama-protect44/obama-protect44.htm

The Magical Misery Obama BusTour Begins with $1,100,000.00 Custom Made Buses…. Two of em at a cost of $2.2 Million for 3 days use
[All Black in color with chrome wheels]
Photos:
http://theconservativetreehouse.wor...our-begins-with-1100000-00-custom-made-buses/
http://www.newser.com/story/125885/the-secret-service-pimps-obamas-bus-ride.html (7 Photo Slide Show)
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20092460-503544.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/baldyloxphotography/6046307871/

Purchased from this company: - http://www.hemphillbrothers.com/

CBS News has learned the buses were purchased in recent months at a cost of just under $1.1-million each and will serve as part of the fleet of vehicles the Service uses for all of its protectees.

In the past, the Secret Service would lease buses as needed and outfit them with the security and communications equipment.

"We have not been satisfied with the level of protection offered by leased buses," said a Secret Service official.

Last year, the Secret Service placed an order for two buses with the Hemphill Brothers Coach Company of Whites Creek, Tennessee at a combined cost of $2,191,960.

The buses have lavish interiors. [READ MORE ON CBS LINK]

$2.2 million for Secret Service's new armored buses - April 21, 2011
http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshg...on_pricetag_for_Obamas_new_armored_buses.html

Last edited:

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
Just another example of wasted tax[payer] money in a bad economy.

Good job Obama, just keep slapping taxpayers in the face. :roll:

shadcall

Premium Subscriber

Whoever the President is and whether or not you support him, the President deserves the absolute finest in protection. The US Secret Service is, in my opinion, the best protective detail in the world. I have no problem with the Secret Service spending my tax dollars on Presidential protection (and the protection of others) regardless of the economy.

The news report I saw last night indicated that the Republican nominee will also be able to use one of the busses for their 2012 campaign.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
Whoever the President is and whether or not you support him, the President deserves the absolute finest in protection.
The President already has "the finest in protection". No luxury tour bus needed.

The US Secret Service is, in my opinion, the best protective detail in the world.
I agree, but the effectiveness of the Secret Service was never in question.

I have no problem with the Secret Service spending my tax dollars on Presidential protection (and the protection of others) regardless of the economy.
Again, they are already doing a fine job of protecting the President (and others), and have been doing so without these buses for quite some time now. These buses were not needed before, and they are not needed now. Unnecessarily spending taxpayer money on a luxury item like this is just a slap in the face to the taxpayers.

Even though these buses were a relatively small expense in the grand scheme of things (that the government wastes taxpayer money on), fiscal responsibility needs to start at the top. The President should be setting an example of how his administration is being responsible with it's use of taxpayer dollars; But instead he is taking a multi-million dollar vacation (mostly at the taxpayer's expense) on Martha's Vineyard and spending millions on luxury tour buses.

It is not only about the money, it is about the message it sends. By spending small fortunes of taxpayer dollars in a very bad economy, he is essentially saying "hey there average American, I know you probably can't afford that new car or take even a small vacation, but I still can with the money I confiscated from you".

The news report I saw last night indicated that the Republican nominee will also be able to use one of the busses for their 2012 campaign.
Two wrongs don't make a right. ;)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

I agree! Let blowbama pay for his own damn bus and stay out of our wallets!!! :mad:

n9zas

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
I agree! Let blowbama pay for his own damn bus and stay out of our wallets!!! :mad:

n9zas
Well if you don't swallow hook, line and sinker the far right propaganda linked
in the initial post and realize that these buses are meant to be used by not only the
current President but also future Presidents, Presidential candidates (that includes both Democrats & Republicans), and foreign heads of states.
Also long term this will save more money than when the SS would lease out buses.
As the Head from Former President Bush's SS Detail points out previous administrations would lease out buses, use them then have to spend more money restoring them to new status:

"It was extremely expensive to lease one of these buses and then put in proper armoring, proper communications equipment," says former Secret Service Director Ralph Basham, who's now with Command Consulting Group. "And then at the end of the contract you had to restore these buses back to their original state."
Not to mention this was the Secret Service's decision to buy the buses, not the President's.
Anyone that has an issue with this is just a Hyperpartisan hack who will whine over anything regarding the President no matter how ridiculous or inane.
If you want to whine about this Administrations policies, fine. There is more than enough there to complain about (and I agree with some of the complaints as far as policy decisions). But to whine about the SS doing their job is idiotic.
Marshall KE4ZNR

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Gentleman, I'm moving this thread to the Politics forum, because the previous posts tell me I should.

Folks, next time, read the forum title and then make your post. None of you have posted anything regarding federal monitoring. But, the OP obviously posted this to generate interest in monitoring opportunities that might be coming through areas that our President is moving through on these buses.

But please, I beg you... let's not lose sight of what we are trying to do here on RR.

Other than that, feel free to snark away and show everyone how divided our country is.. we are now in the taverns of course :)

Last edited:
The President already has "the finest in protection". No luxury tour bus needed.
The people charged with providing that protection apparently feel otherwise. What are your qualifications to second guess them?

I agree, but the effectiveness of the Secret Service was never in question.
And it takes constant training, and continually updating equipment and vehicles to keep it that way.

Again, they are already doing a fine job of protecting the President (and others), and have been doing so without these buses for quite some time now. These buses were not needed before, and they are not needed now.
There once was a time you could have said that about the helicopters. There once was a time when you could have said that about cars. Let's have the presidential motorcade and dignitary transportation on horseback!

Threats change, so needs change.

Two wrongs don't make a right. ;)
But three do. :eek:

Its nothing more than a customized Presidential election campaign tour bus. Im surprised that they don't have "Re-Elect Obama" painted on the side of it. Amazing!

Its nothing more than a customized Presidential election campaign tour bus. Im surprised that they don't have "Re-Elect Obama" painted on the side of it. Amazing!
Let's see where they are in 8 years, and then decide. There could be a legitimate reason these were needed to address a specific threat. For example, I imagine they're at least somewhat bomb proof.

Like him or not, we don't need the U.S. President, whoever he is, to be assassinated.

shadcall

Premium Subscriber
If you would have read my post you will have noted that I mentioned that the 2012 Republican nominee will be able to use one of these busses so it will not only be used by Obama's reelction campaign. This is appropriate use of taxpayer funds as the Secret Service is tasked with protecting both nominees of both parties.

If you would have read my post you will have noted that I mentioned that the 2012 Republican nominee will be able to use one of these busses so it will not only be used by Obama's reelction campaign. This is appropriate use of taxpayer funds as the Secret Service is tasked with protecting both nominees of both parties.
And they just happen to roll it out during Obama's campaign tour? I understand the President requires protection by the SS but this is more for comfort rather than protection. Whats next a Presidential cruse ship? The Bus is NOT a necessity especially during these tough economic times. They never need one before why now?

I bet you while the 2nd coming of King Louis the XIV is on the bus, it has been rigged to make left turns only.

Thanks Pres. Butthead for wasting even more of the peasants money. Let 'em eat cake...

Status
Not open for further replies.