UBC126AT - Not Charging Unless Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

My latest UBC126AT will not charge unless it is turned off. Is this a new "feature" / development as my previous ones all have charged while in use.

This has caused me some issues as I often leaving it running attached to my laptop logging and in the past they have always charged.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I can't say for sure with another territorie's scanner, but that is how most of the north american models work.

pb_lonny

Thanks. My previous ones would charge when connected and in use as I would often leave them connected to my laptop all day while at work and it would top up the batteries. This is a real pain...

Scan125

I was puzzled in that you said "My previous ones would charge when connected" but you have never said (unless I missed it) that you have had multiple UBC126AT scanners that charged whilst connected to a PC and it is just this one latest UBC126AT scanner that has the so called problem.

Are you actaully saying that all your previous scanners that were not UBC126AT units were happy to charge and be used while connected to your PC?

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I have a bad feeling that this change was made due to a California charger law. If so, who would have predicted that it would have impacted someone in Australia. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.