UBCD3600XLT New Firmware released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
The AR-DV10 looks really cool, but it being a wideband receiver and not a trunk-tracking scanner puts a damper on the excitement for me, especially with a ~$1k price tag.

paparazzo

Feed Provider
According to the Feature List for the new AOR stuff they are *not* Tier-3 capable. That means no Trunk Tracking in DMR.....
And the 3600 is doing very fine on that.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
[FONT=&quot]> Sometimes I get a little decoded voice after which S1 and S2 start alternating and I can't hear any voice.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]> I hold on channel and saved the frequency in One Freq DMR system.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]> Is this the correct way to proceed?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Correct.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]According to the log, as a talk group ID, you can set 9990999 and slot 1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Color code is 11.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]That site does not seem to have very much voice traffic.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]As a general for DMR trunk system of scanner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]When you do not know scan site information, you only need to set the frequencies and then use ID search mode.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is all wild card state (talk group ID, color code, and slot).[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]When you know this information and want to have the scanner display specific tags, you need to set them.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the case of One Frequency Trunk DMR, the scanner does not consider the following talk groups as the same.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]TGID: 1234, Slot 1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]TGID: 1234, Slot 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ID scan mode scans only the set talk group ID(s).[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the case of One Frequency Trunk DMR, the scanner does not consider the following talk groups as the same.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]TGID: 1234, Slot 1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]TGID: 1234, Slot 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ID scan mode scans only the set talk group ID(s).[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I set up One Frequency Trunk DMR Talkgroups to "any" in the slot column, and that seems to work.

iz0kvz

Thank You all friends for Your detailed studies. I'm learning a lot from Your considerations.

It's a pity that I found that in many cases, on DMR known frequencies, the talkgroup is not displayed (the scanner displays:
- Nt 0 : S 0 : TG 0 : U0
- DMR
- alternate S1 and S1
no audio also when I have strong signals.

Now I contacted the dealer and it seems he's available for a check.
I hope he will proceed with a replacement.
I'll keep You informed.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure that means you are sitting on an idle control channel or data. So, it is correct that there is no TGID, UID, etc to display.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure that means you are sitting on an idle control channel or data. So, it is correct that there is no TGID, UID, etc to display.

Yep...another case of improper programming. Sounds like it's programmed as Conventional and not One Frequency DMR.

iz0kvz

For UpMan; in some case it shows only site number.

For werinshades, I did not program anything; I was quick scanning.

Thank You all friends.

G7HID

If the Search Bank names are changed from the default the TG and ID are not displayed, if they are changed back to the default - "Custom 0 to Custom 9" the missing information returns...

Mike

Ubbe

If the Search Bank names are changed from the default the TG and ID are not displayed, if they are changed back to the default - "Custom 0 to Custom 9" the missing information returns...

Mike

Yes, we need Upman to address this and have a fix included in the next upgrade. (US version and a note to the developers of other regions firmwares on how to fix it)
We would like to have our own names set to the search groups to indicate its purpose.

/Ubbe

iz0kvz

Hi guys, I insist on saying that there is something to be reviewed in the DMR decoding. Many Medical Emergency Service transmissions can be listened by cheap Chinese DMR radios but unfortunately also if the 3600 receives very strong signals it can’t decode them. I tried by setting auto or manual threshold mode. The scanner shows the timeslot, the color code, the DMR indicator and sometimes TG but no audio is detected.
Thank to everybody that can give me a piece of advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G7HID

Hi guys, I insist on saying that there is something to be reviewed in the DMR decoding. Many Medical Emergency Service transmissions can be listened by cheap Chinese DMR radios but unfortunately also if the 3600 receives very strong signals it can’t decode them. I tried by setting auto or manual threshold mode. The scanner shows the timeslot, the color code, the DMR indicator and sometimes TG but no audio is detected.
Thank to everybody that can give me a piece of advice.

I have the same problem with the 3600 requiring a STRONG DMR signal for it to decode...
People have advised about different antenna, fitting an RX pre-amp etc..
My solution is much simpler - bin the 3600 and use my TRX1.. :)

Mike

iz0kvz

Thanks Mike, let me say that it’s a pity - almost a shame :-(
A so advertised feature that does not work... we are talking about a 500$ scanner. About signals, I can report that the signals which I’m referring to are very strong. I’m not a DMR expert, do You think that a firmware improvement could fix this problem?

@Ubbe I would like know Your opinion on this last point.
Thank You all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G7HID

Thanks Mike, let me say that it’s a pity - almost a shame :-(
A so advertised feature that does not work... we are talking about a 500$ scanner. About signals, I can report that the signals which I’m referring to are very strong. I’m not a DMR expert, do You think that a firmware improvement could fix this problem?

Possibly firmware adjustments could improve things, BUT I think the problem is that Avera are not prepared to pay Uniden for research into improvements when they think customers will put up with the problems without too much complaint..

Mike

Also I do not expect to see NXDN on the 3600 anytime soon !

Ubbe

do You think that a firmware improvement could fix this problem?

@Ubbe I would like know Your opinion on this last point.

A new firmware would absolutly fix the problem but firmware fixes are still being done to BCDx36HP scanners, its not final and one was released yesterday, and I assume that it must be Uniden that are contracted to do updates to the 3600 at an additional cost. As mentioned each upgrade would cost Avera money that would reduce their profit so they probably wait for the final upgrade, or just ignores the complaints.

I notice that some people with a 3600 sell them after having compared with other DMR scanners or radios that they got later and then where aware of its problems.

/Ubbe

G7HID

...........I notice that some people with a 3600 sell them after having compared with other DMR scanners or radios that they got later and then where aware of its problems......

From another forum.... A user complained to AOR about their DV10 being even worse than the 3600 at receiving DMR and received this surprising part from their reply:

"Our tests might take some time as we do not have DMR networks and live signals here in Japan, to test onto. The tests are based in our lab."

Mike

iz0kvz

A new firmware would absolutly fix the problem but firmware fixes are still being done to BCDx36HP scanners, its not final and one was released yesterday, and I assume that it must be Uniden that are contracted to do updates to the 3600 at an additional cost. As mentioned each upgrade would cost Avera money that would reduce their profit so they probably wait for the final upgrade, or just ignores the complaints.

I notice that some people with a 3600 sell them after having compared with other DMR scanners or radios that they got later and then where aware of its problems.

/Ubbe

Thanks for Your reply,
I bought the 3600 for its scanning speed and for the new, so much flaunted, DMR features. I do not expect the same sensitivity of higher category receivers or dual band radio but at least that allows me to monitor the emergency frequencies by decoding digital signals correctly.

I wrote several times to Avera and the answers I received were evasive and, in some cases, even not very polite. They have advertised and sold a radio that should properly decode DMR transmissions and instead do not it.
IMHO the fix to firmware problems do not have to involve an additional cost to final user because it ensure the correspondence of what is sold to the official specifications.

I would like to find a way to inform Uniden about the unprofessional behavior of AVERA so that it can prevent the brand from being negatively impacted in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.