UBX125XLT help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iansky

Hi,
Apologies up front but I am new to scanning and based on recommendations I have just purchased this scanner from Radio World here in the UK.

I opted to have the following added to the scanner:

264 Pre-programmed Airband (UK) Channels and also
190 Pre-programmed Military Airband (UK) Channels

Alas, I cannot see what Bands these are saved to or their description so do not know where / what they are.

I am using a Mac computer so unable to download the ARC125 software to load them into and view so do need to know if there is an easy way to view them by channel on the scanner.

I would also love to know if there is a suitable Mac software download that I can copy them into to view and also use to add some local mil air frequencies.

Sorry if this seems basic but new to this.

Thanks in advance for any help / guidance.

Ian

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No. You will have to get a cheap Windows netbook or look into installing Windows on your Mac.

Nobody makes Mac software for scanners.

Scan125

Have you tied MACBearcat?

MacBearcat

My *free* Scan125 software will run on a MAC but you will have to get yourself a Windows license (and install .NET 3.5 if not on the version of Windows you get) and then use Bootcamp to boot and run windows natively.

You can also run Scan125 with Parallels or under a VM but for performance reasons this is not recommended.

I have a small number of MAC users using Scan125 (with Windows/bootcamp/parallels/vm).

If you are not experienced with getting Windows to run on a MAC then it could be a bridge too far for you.

Windows 7 is dead cheap now £14 UK to buy as it nears it's end of life. Win 8.1 is a bit more expensive.

http://softwaregeeks.co.uk/product/windows-7-professional-product-key-label-coa

In fare ness to my competitor (Butel ARC125) then I see no reason why ARC125 would not work on a MAC running Windows (as above) but personally I've not seen or heard of anyone doing so and would therefore suggest you make your own enquiries, ask Butel or ask in forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.