• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

UCAN - "Davis County - Bountiful" Talkgroup - 8736 "Bount/Clf FD"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrasmussen

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 8736 is listed under "Davis County - Bountiful Talkgroups" with an alpha tag of "Bount/Clf FD" and a description of "Bountiful/Clearfield Fire". I have never heard any Bountiful units on this group (Bountiful doesn't have a FD, much less one affilitated with Clearfield - they use South Davis Metro Fire Authority.) I have heard Clearfield units use this TG periodically. Most recently I heard a couple of Clearfield PD units identify this as Clearfield 3 and use it as a car to car channel.

Might this TG be currently mislabeled? Perhaps it would be better grouped in the database under "Davis County - Other Cities Talkgroups" with an alpha tag of "Clearfd PD 3"and a description of "Clearfield PD 3 Car to Car". Any comments? Thanks.

me

Talkgroup 8736 is listed under "Davis County - Bountiful Talkgroups" with an alpha tag of "Bount/Clf FD" and a description of "Bountiful/Clearfield Fire". I have never heard any Bountiful units on this group (Bountiful doesn't have a FD, much less one affilitated with Clearfield - they use South Davis Metro Fire Authority.) I have heard Clearfield units use this TG periodically. Most recently I heard a couple of Clearfield PD units identify this as Clearfield 3 and use it as a car to car channel.

Might this TG be currently mislabeled? Perhaps it would be better grouped in the database under "Davis County - Other Cities Talkgroups" with an alpha tag of "Clearfd PD 3"and a description of "Clearfield PD 3 Car to Car". Any comments? Thanks.
Agreed. I have been going to point this out for the last year or so. It is Clearfield PD 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.