UCAN Talk Group Rules/ Rural Rpt Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

Interesting. I wonder if this will cause some changes with some things we have heard in the past.

Doubtful. The only changes I see from the original document I read last year was that there are more ICALL repeaters online statewide. This is on the last page of the document.

Utah_Viper

Doubtful. The only changes I see from the original document I read last year was that there are more ICALL repeaters online statewide. This is on the last page of the document.

I noticed that, but maybe they want to crackdown on some of the 'unauthorized' uses. seems I have heard Regional, Ops, and Event channels all used for things other then as listed.

Junior1970

I noticed that, but maybe they want to crackdown on some of the 'unauthorized' uses. seems I have heard Regional, Ops, and Event channels all used for things other then as listed.

I've heard the Event TGs used for surveillance on many different occasions. as far as the Ops channels I believe it's up to the discretion of the main dispatch center. I read that there is a phone number for agencies to call UCAN to get permission to use some particular TGs that way. At least here in UtCo I rarely hear the abuses happen but I can't say what happens elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.