UCHealth Ambulance in Longmont / 911?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Today, cruising up Main street of Longmont was a full box (Type III) with the UCHealth paint scheme and 2211 on the side. This is different from the Sprinter they've had over at Long Peak Hospital (a UCHealth facility) Does anyone know which agency the 2200 series is assigned to?

2100 series has been the designations for Longmont Fire in Boulder County... Is UCHealth running 911 in Longmont now?

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
My guess is that it is UCHealth specific numbering. While it is 4 digits like the Boulder County and Weld County numbering, it does not look like it follows the agency or apparatus pattern for either counties.

I can't answer the question about the 2211 on the side other than it might be a UC Health ambulance inventory number. But Longmont uses the UC Ambulance (usually the callsign of UC21 or UC22) that usually stays at the new UC Health Longs Peak Hospital for coverage when Longmont runs out of their dedicated AMR ambulances, and AMR Boulder County runs out as well or has an extended ETA. That ambulance is at UC Health as an interfacility ambulance but it can be available to run 911 calls if needed.

Moosemedic

Anecdotally
UCHealth uses that Ambulance to get from the ER to the Helipad. They wanted to put the Helipad on the west side near the ER (makes sense) but apparently didn't look up or west during the architect phase to see the high tension powerline. Helipad not approved. Helipad moved over to the far corner by Hwy119/Countyline. VERY poor planning on the part of UCHealth for a brand new facility in an open field (probably actually either Marketing or Customer Service focused decision LOL)

Another consideration: The UCHealth Free-Standing ED, transport out of there is an IFT, and can bypass "closest appropriate hospital" Read > $$$ away from Longmont United, a Centura backed facility.

Moosemedic

2121 is a

Longmont 21xx,

Ambulance xx2x,

from Station One xxx1

I'm pretty sure I saw 2211 which doesn't make sense, but I will look harder next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.