UHF Conventional Analog Airtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Is there any companies in RI that offer just UHF conventional analog airtime rental? I tried LGCradio.com but they are full up with users. Industrial Communications is 900mhz LTR and Mototrbo. What else is out there. Thanks

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you want to go with DMR you will like it over Analog

We have a user base in the area that has UHF analog equipment and want to keep their cost down. They are not going to want to buy new radios.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
If possible you may have to setup your own system. A few properly placed DMR repeaters could bridge the analog-pseudo trunk gap and allow for eventual migration before turning full on to digital trunking. No one has done anything like that in the US yet, too many still drinking the TRBO koolaide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
If possible you may have to setup your own system. A few properly placed DMR repeaters could bridge the analog-pseudo trunk gap and allow for eventual migration before turning full on to digital trunking. No one has done anything like that in the US yet, too many still drinking the TRBO koolaide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to do something like DMR Trucking. But that cost lots of $$$$ and we don't have that. All the interested parties have UHF analog radios and don't want to pay to upgrade to DMR. This is why we would like to just stay with Conventional analog repeaters if we can. Plus getting a license in the RI area is hard on UHF as the spectrum there is full. There were a few pairs but all low power below 30 watts and we are looking at 100 watts to cover a larger area.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I would love to do something like DMR Trucking. But that cost lots of $$$$ and we don't have that. All the interested parties have UHF analog radios and don't want to pay to upgrade to DMR. This is why we would like to just stay with Conventional analog repeaters if we can. Plus getting a license in the RI area is hard on UHF as the spectrum there is full. There were a few pairs but all low power below 30 watts and we are looking at 100 watts to cover a larger area.

30W versus 100W really won't make a ton of difference if you have access to decent sites.

I understand that. That's why I began getting into DMR solutions other than Motorola. Simoco for example, lets you link a repeater running in analog mode to a DMR repeater. Makes for decent upgrade paths if you spread your repeater purchasing out over time.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Okay I understand what everyone is saying but that is not helping me. I need to find some in RI that has open spot on their repeaters. It must be Conventional and analog. Please help us out. Check the website. Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.