UIDS not working BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

I have programmed the UIDS before using ARC XT Software for the City of Nashua NH and it would display for example Engine 1 Rig now it just shows the UID but not what i entered in. I saved it under my Nashua Motorola Group and create a new group and labeled it with TGIDS.

Can someone help me get that back?

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Short answer is that what you are hearing now it is not the same ID that you programmed.
Here in Montreal..take an engine company for example..the engine #225 cab radio would be i801023...but the drivers w/t would be i800563....the capt's w/t could be i800177. And of course the other FF's on that engine also have w/t's with seperate ID's. When thwy talk between each other they would identify "engine 225 driver to engine 225 capt" and so on...but when they talk to dispatch they would just identify themselves as "engine 225" no matter who was transmitting..
The other thing to keep in mind is that a vehicle is taken out of service and replaced by a,spare unit they would identify vocallaly as the unit # they are using the spare vehicle as..they would not use the # that belongs to the the spare vehicle..
Keep in mind the UID you see displayed always belongs the actual radio that is transmitting..NOT the apparatus # that,they say,they are on.
It takes time but you will find a pattern to which UIDs belong to Dispatch...Vehicles and W/T's.
Here vehicles are i80xxxx (i80 & 4 numbers). W/Ts are i800xxx (i800 & 3 numbers)

Hope this helps

NFR85

Short answer is that what you are hearing now it is not the same ID that you programmed.
Here in Montreal..take an engine company for example..the engine #225 cab radio would be i801023...but the drivers w/t would be i800563....the capt's w/t could be i800177. And of course the other FF's on that engine also have w/t's with seperate ID's. When thwy talk between each other they would identify "engine 225 driver to engine 225 capt" and so on...but when they talk to dispatch they would just identify themselves as "engine 225" no matter who was transmitting..
The other thing to keep in mind is that a vehicle is taken out of service and replaced by a,spare unit they would identify vocallaly as the unit # they are using the spare vehicle as..they would not use the # that belongs to the the spare vehicle..
Keep in mind the UID you see displayed always belongs the actual radio that is transmitting..NOT the apparatus # that,they say,they are on.
It takes time but you will find a pattern to which UIDs belong to Dispatch...Vehicles and W/T's.
Here vehicles are i80xxxx (i80 & 4 numbers). W/Ts are i800xxx (i800 & 3 numbers)

Hope this helps

Not sure what I did wrong did it before like I said before our Nashua Rig would be i41010 and it should display Engine 1 rig. But all it displays is the i41010. So I'm confused as I had to reset everything and then put in the UDIS and nothing. I like to know whos keying up.

NFR85

I had my Unit ID turned off and now shows the # but not whos talking. I know they got new radios and switched to phase II so that maybe it

lep

I had my Unit ID turned off and now shows the # but not whos talking. I know they got new radios and switched to phase II so that maybe it

according to Uniden none of their present scanners are capable of Phase II.

NFR85

Do you know what scanner base here its Digital is capable of Phase II?

NFR85

I have 1.04 Firmware and the Unit Ids not working i see a V7 but I cant get the link to download. Would this solve my problem?

JoeyC

Taking a stab in the dark here but it sounds like your separate GROUP of IDs that I assume you text tagged has a quick key assigned that is not turned on. Is that the case? I have my Radio IDs in a separate group (from the regular TGIDs) that is not assigned a quick key so therefore always active and have no problem seeing the tag.

NFR85

Taking a stab in the dark here but it sounds like your separate GROUP of IDs that I assume you text tagged has a quick key assigned that is not turned on. Is that the case? I have my Radio IDs in a separate group (from the regular TGIDs) that is not assigned a quick key so therefore always active and have no problem seeing the tag.

My TGIDS are in a seperate group. I'm new to scanners so I have no idea about Quick keys. How to setup etc.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
My TGIDS are in a seperate group. I'm new to scanners so I have no idea about Quick keys. How to setup etc.
Understanding Quick Keys

There are 100 'System/Site/Search Quick Keys' (0-99) and 10 and 'Group Quick Keys' (0-9). 'Quick Keys' are used to turn conventional systems, trunking sites (not systems), channel groups, and custom/service searches on and off while scanning. This is not the same as locking out or unlocking systems/sites/groups/searches (which you can also do). They are just the number keys on the scanner but once assigned to systems/sites/groups/searches they become the 'Quick Key's. You can program one or more system/site/group/search to any quick key or, program one or more system/site/group/search with no quick key. Any conventional system, Close Call system, trunked site, group, service search, custom search, or 'Quick Save' system/group not assigned to a quick key (and/or not locked out) will be scanned.

My advice is to assign everything to quick keys so you don't have to remember what to turn off/on or what to unlock/lockout. There are no indicators in the display showing systems/sites/groups with no quick key so you won't know if they are being scanned unless you see (or don't see) them scroll by in the display.

From : http://marksscanners.com/996/996.shtml#using quick keys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.