Umatilla-Morrow TRS Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

southradio

I've traveled through northeastern Oregon a few times in the past few years. Not sure exactly how I should program my Uniden scanner for the UHF trunked system. Does it require a "custom" or "standard" bandplan? I've tried using the "standard" and two different "custom" systems in the BCT15X scanner with the following setup and last time didn't hear anything on the TRS. Previously, I had the freqs programmed in conventional mode and did receive quite a bit so I know I was able to receive signals. Here's what I had used last time, with two systems programmed separately to try to determine which is the correct one to use and which ended up with my not receiving anything:

System 1:
Band Plan 1: Low 440.0000 High 559.000 Freq Spacing 25.0K Offset 440
Band Plan 2: Low 000.0000 High 719.000 Freq Spacing 25.0K Offset 0

I'll be traveling through the area later this year so would be nice to know what the correct parameters are to use with the programming software. Thanks in advance for any suggestions that might be made.

willstuder

Here is a capture of the bandplan for my scanner software. Hope it helps. If not, let me know and I will see what else I can do.
Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

southradio

Thanks, willstuder. I will program a system in the BCT15X using your configuration and hopefully everything will work fine. At least it should if it is working for you. Really appreciate the help on this.

willstuder

What type of scanner are you using. I am having issues fine tuning my Uniden BCD996T Scanner to pick up the Umatilla County UHF Trunked system.
I am using the BCD996XT. I had a hard time with the T model. I used to have one and sold it because I constantly had trouble programming trucked systems. Also, we are about to switch over to a 700/800mhz digital trunked system within the next few months here.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am using the BCD996XT. I had a hard time with the T model. I used to have one and sold it because I constantly had trouble programming trucked systems. Also, we are about to switch over to a 700/800mhz digital trunked system within the next few months here.

Well maybe the scanner model I am using is causing me the majority of my problems. I don't have a lot of experience setting up trunked systems because Umatilla County is the only one I am interested in listening too. Will the UHF system stay in place after the conversion to 700/800MHz or will it be decommissioned and torn down? Its my understanding all the Interoperability Infrastructure will remain in place as well as a lot of the VHF paging systems.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Does this look even close to what I need for the Umatilla UHF system?

Status
Not open for further replies.