ARC536: Unable to Connect? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasMcKean

Trying to connect by way of serial port. I have a null modem cable blah blah blah. Got it on COM7, which is where my device manager says it is.

I can connect through the front USB, but trying to run virtual control through serial is not working? Is there some parameter I need to tell it where to look? :(

ThomasMcKean

My understanding is the GPS port doubles as a remote port with a null cable. Someone please inform me if this is not correct?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You are correct - the rear port can indeed be used as a serial port for Virtual Control purposes. There were some issues with using the factory supplied cable connected to the front port in Serial Mode. So the recommended fix was to use that rear/GPS port for serial purposes.

I'm running the rear port configuration just fine. One thing I've noticed is that with the recent releases of ARC 536 Pro, I have to click the Start button. Older versions started automatically.

The only thing I'd suggest is a computer shut-down re-start and it's a shot in the dark. If you are using a USB/Serial converter, I've run into some instances of two different software programs attempting to capture the associated com-port. The shut-down re-start process releases the ports.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Com port 3.

(I'm using a Plugable USB/Serial converter, and that's the port it configured itself to. The computer is a new one and the older computer I had used port 8. How it determines which port is beyond my knowledge.)

ThomasMcKean

I do not see any setting for 8 and 1, etc. Only baud rate. Maybe I should try a few different ones...?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Have you confirmed your port is set to 115200? Menu>Set Your Location>Set Up GPS>Set Serial Port

Perhaps Proscan is a little more tolerant than ARC in port settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.