• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Alpha Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I have a question... I currently use a Unication Alpha Legend pager for my agency. However the frequency we use is about to change from 450-mhz band to the 470-mhz band, and from what I've been told Unication alpha pagers don't go past the 470. The frequency I need is 471 so it's not too far off. Is there any way to mod a pager OR hex edit the PPS software to program it to allow out-of-band programming? I can't imagine my pager not being able to handle 471 when it already handles 450 range. Thanks!

ed3750

Premium Subscriber
Unication has four UHF versions of the G5 700 - 800MHz pager. My G5 covers the UHF band 450 - 520MHz. Therefore, the PPS program can handle the frequency, don't know if your pager can handle it, but would believe it's close enough.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
Unication has four UHF versions of the G5 700 - 800MHz pager. My G5 covers the UHF band 450 - 520MHz. Therefore, the PPS program can handle the frequency, don't know if your pager can handle it, but would believe it's close enough.

The OP is talking about an alpha pager - completely different :)

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
What is the exact frequency that you will need?

My current Unication Alpha pager is set to 453.150 MHz, I am inquiring cuz I need to be on 471.0875 MHz. I have the most recent PPS also.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Okay scratch my last post... I have an update. My Unication AlphaLegend pager is currently on 453 MHz, however my model stops at 460.000 MHz and the frequency I need is 460.6125 MHz and the pager program software won't let me program out of band not even that little bit that I need. So now I'm forced to buy another pager... I do have Hex editing software of there was some way to hex edit the .exe of the program software to extend the band limits... Therein lies my dilemma...

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
Okay scratch my last post... I have an update. My Unication AlphaLegend pager is currently on 453 MHz, however my model stops at 460.000 MHz and the frequency I need is 460.6125 MHz and the pager program software won't let me program out of band not even that little bit that I need. So now I'm forced to buy another pager... I do have Hex editing software of there was some way to hex edit the .exe of the program software to extend the band limits... Therein lies my dilemma...

Or i could just ask engineering to expand the band by a bit.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

That would be awesome. But I don't want you guys to change your limits just for 1 person. If there were more people I would say sure. OR, is there a way you could have engineering modify the program for me and eMail the file? Is that what you meant? LOL

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

Did you get my last reply? Did you mean you would have engineering make an adjustment for me and change the programming software limits and send it to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.