• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

joewayne

I found this antenna on the unication Japan website does anybody have any experience with this antenna and is it superior to the stubby antenna thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-08-20-23-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-07-08-20-23-36.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 254

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I think you're referring to the Taiwan site:

G2 / G3 / G4 / G5 SERIES VOICE PAGERS

The purple banded antenna appears to be the same as the stock antenna on the US market radios (763-870 Mhz)

The green banded antenna is probably (no proof other than my opinion) for the VHF/UHF G5S.

If this is the case, the green banded antenna would pretty much be useless on the current US version G4 or G5. The G5 uses an internal antenna for UHF.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
The purple band is the stock antenna that comes with the G4/G5 for the 700-800 band. For the G5, the VHF/UHF antenna is internal.

I think the green tip is for one of the international models that does not have the 700-800 band. The order options there for the G4 single or G5 dual band allows you to have a pager with just VHF or UHF.

There are a couple of threads on different antennae you can buy from other manufacturers. Motorola make a couple that have gotten some good reviews.

joewayne

Thanks guys for the information. I couldn't find anything about the antenna other than the picture on the website. I'm not having any problems with my g4 but always looking for something to make it a little bit better lol thanks��

Status
Not open for further replies.