• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/5 background pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Here's the screen of my G5. And I to am a very satisfied customer of Rays Pager Sales!
d8b3cc58e7820787f7caf2559af0df68.jpg

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
home page photo

PPS #6 ? or 7? HOME PAGE tab at the top. The avatar photo must be 75x75 pixels I believe from what the help says on that page. There are drop down menus at the top. I created a full banner by using the windows snipping tool to do a screen capture while PPS was open to the Home Page photo review. Extended the snipping tool square from one side to the next and saved it. Then used GIMP to color in and make custom banners instead of just the small box.

Last edited by a moderator:

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Phoenix Police Or Fire

If anyone has some logos files for Phoenix Police, and Fire....shoot them my Way !!

Thanks.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Unication G4/G5 Background pics

@JRush311 - The PPS "help" on the side of the software tells you all the data. That little avatar has to be 75X75 pixels. There's a drop-down scroll menu where you can select BANNER or choices where you can type in words next to the avatar pic. It's all in the usual formats PNG, JPG etc.

mmartinfan

Banned
Has anyone noticed a slow down in operation when they have a pic/img and words in the screen?

Mine seem to slow down when changing knob positions and going to different zones?

Turbine33

Premium Subscriber
New Guy

Hello all. I am new to the world of Unication. Yesterday I purchased a VHF G5. So far I love it buuuuut I feel like an idiot when looking at PPS.

I'd like to change the programming, remove some things and add others as well as a custom image for my agency as well.

I'm looking foreward to learning more about this thing!

worble7

Here's mine also made my screen protector also just a little big as you can see ugh I will remake once I have more time. Jeff

Attachments

• 20180402_140541.jpg
    20180402_140541.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 430

Turbine33

Premium Subscriber
I finally got mine to work. It’s not as cool as talks but I’m getting there.
It’s blurry and I can’t seem to get the focus to sharpen.
d18950e9d4e26879909e364f2f58a308.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kinglou0

Is anybody have any antenna recommendations? I live in kind of an interesting area and I need a little bit better of an antenna..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I ordered the Motorola stubby and the Laird. I also have my eyes on the customized Motorola stub antenna that someone on here suggested a while ago (Link) The longer 7" is not on my radar. It's way too big for a unit this size.

I've been pretty surprised by the antenna that comes in the box but I suspect it's more the G5 itself and not the antenna. I'll be sure to drop you a PM when I get a chance to test them out. If they add anything to my reception out here in Eatonville, they should work for you as well. (Puyallup if I'm not mistaken)

Status
Not open for further replies.