• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/5 Bluetooth Speaker Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Until a few days ago, the Bluetooth beep issue probably prevented a number of people from even trying a Bluetooth speaker. Now, however, post Firmware: V1.2 update, I have rekindled my interest in this. I am interested in finding a suitable Bluetooth speaker to mount in a vehicle. What is out there these days?

I am also not necessarily opposed to getting a good quality communications speaker, with a traditional 3.5 mm plug, and adding a Bluetooth adapter.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Do you have an AUX jack in your car? If so a you could forgo the extra speaker and just use a Bluetooth adapter to pipe audio through your car stereo system.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Connected my G5 to my cars Bluetooth after the update and it works flawlessly. Also don’t get the beeps on my Bluetooth earbuds so I can finally listen on my long drive down 95 without straining to hear it or waking everyone up. Have always loved my G5 but this definitely makes for an even better user experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N6ML

Also don’t get the beeps on my Bluetooth earbuds so I can finally listen on my long drive down 95 without straining to hear it or waking everyone up.

What earbuds are you using? I may be looking for something I can use at incident scenes ... having the G5 on my belt isn't really good enough in a noisy environment....

mdsxfire

EDBM
What earbuds are you using? I may be looking for something I can use at incident scenes ... having the G5 on my belt isn't really good enough in a noisy environment....

Philips SHB5250. Got them a year or two ago at Target, they were maybe $20, great battery life also. Not sure if they have the same model but I’m sure something very close if not.

If I’m going to a call the pager stays home so the wife can listen since I have my radio, when out it’s on my hip at around 65 volume but having the Bluetooth work is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N6ML

Philips SHB5250. Got them a year or two ago at Target, they were maybe $20, great battery life also. Not sure if they have the same model but I’m sure something very close if not.

I'd just be a bit worried that a newer model may use a newer Bluetooth chipset that may not be as backwards-compatible. I'll look around - thanks!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I use my CAR speakers on FM with THIS THING
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075L7T5R4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It NOW works perfect with Unication Blue Tooth improvements. It used to have a shrill tone before each dispatch heard like most BT. It's fixed after the 1.2 March 2019 updates from Unication. It also keeps the volume level SET the way you want. Before the update from Unication, the sound level on the Lutu would drop from 30 to default 15 as each call was dropped. Now it stays set where you put it for some reason. In addition, it pairs up better/faster with the Lutu and actually shows the device name on Unication as BT-CAR-KIT. Before the Unication update, it was blank and had trouble pairing up with the G5. Works great now. Whatever the reason, I am happy for the efforts, thanks Unication. I use that cheap "$15.00* FM-BT transmitter in my car now, loud and clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaXKiLLz

No luck getting the G4 to play audio thru my Honda's in-car bluetooth. It shows connected, but nothing comes thru the speakers.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I use my CAR speakers on FM with THIS THING
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075L7T5R4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It NOW works perfect with Unication Blue Tooth improvements. It used to have a shrill tone before each dispatch heard like most BT. It's fixed after the 1.2 March 2019 updates from Unication. It also keeps the volume level SET the way you want. Before the update from Unication, the sound level on the Lutu would drop from 30 to default 15 as each call was dropped. Now it stays set where you put it for some reason. In addition, it pairs up better/faster with the Lutu and actually shows the device name on Unication as BT-CAR-KIT. Before the Unication update, it was blank and had trouble pairing up with the G5. Works great now. Whatever the reason, I am happy for the efforts, thanks Unication. I use that cheap "$15.00* FM-BT transmitter in my car now, loud and clear.

So let me get this straight. A cop or firefighter transmits a digital signal on one input frequency of a trunked radio system, which is then simultaneously broadcast on a system output frequency, which is then received by your Unication pager which decodes it, then sends the signal on via Bluetooth to your FM doohickie which sends the signal on to your car FM radio which produces sound over your car stereo system. Is that about right? I'm not knocking it if it works. I'm just sayin': Holy crap, that is one convoluted path!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
The car is a 2002. Had no BT aux outlet. I turn it on, it pairs up, I listen ;0)

N6ML

So let me get this straight. A cop or firefighter transmits a digital signal on one input frequency of a trunked radio system, which is then simultaneously broadcast on a system output frequency, which is then received by your Unication pager which decodes it, then sends the signal on via Bluetooth to your FM doohickie which sends the signal on to your car FM radio which produces sound over your car stereo system. Is that about right? I'm not knocking it if it works. I'm just sayin': Holy crap, that is one convoluted path!

You forgot the lesser-used vehicle that has not yet been outfitted with a digital radio, so they're going into the old analog FM repeater, which is linked to the P25 system :)

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Bluetooth will not work in my sons Ford Focus, there is only four digits on the G5, the the car asks for a six digit code.

dough1590

Finally found a bluetooth receiver that works in my 2016 VW Tiguan. It's a Walmart product Blackweb #567276629 and only costs about $7.00. Comes with 3.5 input adapter and USB charging cable. Unication G5 comes thru loud and clear with no beeps on reception. Using 1.20 firmware. It was in stock at my local store.

MaXKiLLz

Finally found a bluetooth receiver that works in my 2016 VW Tiguan. It's a Walmart product Blackweb #567276629 and only costs about $7.00. Comes with 3.5 input adapter and USB charging cable. Unication G5 comes thru loud and clear with no beeps on reception. Using 1.20 firmware. It was in stock at my local store.
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/bluetooth-for-g4-g5.352185/post-2973340

I went to Walmart a few days ago looking for the Blackweb bluetooth receiver after reading the above link. Unfortunately it was out of stock. Does the beginning of the transmissions get cut off at all?

dough1590

I've only had this product for 24 hours or so and haven't noticed any transmission issues. If a unit responds with a "10-4" or okay it may be short, but not missed entirely. So far I'm pleased especially for the price. Much less than others I've tried that didn't work it all.

nyscan

Can this one be used with just a pair of wired earbuds with a 3.5mm plug?

N6ML

Can this one be used with just a pair of wired earbuds with a 3.5mm plug?

I just tried earbuds on my Docooler B6 "2 in 1". I didn't expect it to be powerful enough (these things are usually feeding a line level input), but I'm surprised - it actually sounds pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.