Unication G4 700/800MHz P25 Phase II TDMA Pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry092975

I got a Unication G4 700/800MHz P25 Phase II TDMA Pager 2 months ago for my county and i love it, my county is Chester County Pa on the Harris radio system 700/800MHz P25 Phase 2 TDMA and this unit is way better then any scanner out there....Just get one, it's worth the money....You'll see.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
G4 Pager :0)

I conquer. Unication blows away my unnamed scanner that failed miserably on P25, especially phase II. The G5 is always on, and with me. Perfect reception with the little antenna. I'm in hopes that Unication will follow up with it's "hint" on their website at an AUTO scan feature in future firmware updates *along with a pause/hold* Where you can scan pre-set knob positions no matter what is in them. So you could scan UHF/VHF conventional along with Digital P25 on the next knob position, just like a scanner scanning scan-lists. I wouldn't need a scanner if they made these upgrades. Right tool for the right job. Yes, it was well worth the money for me too.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I forth that remark! I can copy Chester County well into southern New Jersey. Heck my SDS100 can't even properly copy the county next door that I'm 1 mile from!

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Any chance someone wants to send me their unication profile for chester ? Im just North of Pottstown and I can not get my G5 to lock onto any of the 17 control channels. Id like to compare settings to make sure i have it set correctly. Im getting Berks County perfectly, but when I was down in Morgantown this afternoon, I couldnt even get Chester to receive.

edisonfire

I agree with Unication following tkd systems well. Can anyone explain to me how practically all of Philly Fire is encrypted other than dispatch, where it looks like most Police operations are in the clear. One would think just the opposite. Is there any benefit to even programming Phila in to the G5 for the rare occasions I'm down that way?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I agree with Unication following tkd systems well. Can anyone explain to me how practically all of Philly Fire is encrypted other than dispatch, where it looks like most Police operations are in the clear. One would think just the opposite. Is there any benefit to even programming Phila in to the G5 for the rare occasions I'm down that way?

North and South fire carry dispatch, response, and command updates back to the comm center. The encrypted traffic is the actual fireground working comms.

radio3353

For now. I'll wager police becomes encryted when the new Phase 2 system is completed. I'm surprised it is still in the clear.

radio3353

North and South fire carry dispatch, response, and command updates back to the comm center. The encrypted traffic is the actual fireground working comms.

And unless one is very close to the incident scene the comms are not going to be picked up on your radio anyway. They are not repeated through the main system.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just to clarify: The fire ground channels are absolutely carried on the TRS. However, they are encrypted, so we still can't hear that traffic .

Yes, for most fireground traffic. There are a few analog simplex channels that can also get used for fireground related work. Personally, I've only ever monitored traffic once, but I do hear them refer to the channels every now and then, so I am sure they are used.

radio3353

Just to clarify: The fire ground channels are absolutely carried on the TRS. However, they are encrypted, so we still can't hear that traffic .

Thanks for the clarification. I must have been only thinking of the simplex FG frequencies. Sorry of I misled anybody.

phillydjdan

The rumor is that the police WILL be going encrypted soon. And I have my suspicions that this website played a large role in the decision to do that. They have programmed radios for a system-wide change and that is reportedly one of the changes in the radios. No word on when that will occur, though...

As for monitoring Philly Fire, I have been doing so for over a decade and the only 2 channels you really need to monitor is North and South Fire, which are the 2 open channels. You won't miss anything except maybe the occasional classified conversation on the encrypted tac channels or the analog simplex channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.