• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/G5 Firmware 1.2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha2disp

Have the pager store the pages, and see if there is something new. If you change into a "push to listen" mode, the pager will give you an "unread message" notification.

We are already doing that. I’m not a fan. Looking for similar operation as we had with our Minitor pagers and have an LED lit up on the unit. But thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krokus

Premium Subscriber
We are already doing that. I’m not a fan. Looking for similar operation as we had with our Minitor pagers and have an LED lit up on the unit. But thanks for the suggestion.

Are your pages coming in on a specific, and separate, TG than the other radio traffic? MPSCS calls them PageGroups, to differentiate from regular TG.

Sent using Tapatalk

alpha2disp

Are your pages coming in on a specific, and separate, TG than the other radio traffic? MPSCS calls them PageGroups, to differentiate from regular TG.

Sent using Tapatalk

So I have two groups of alerting channels. One dispatch center is done by TGID only, with all other radio traffic on a different TG. The other dispatch center is sending 2 tone over the same TG as the radio traffic. Alerting is not an issue, and I have the correct items in the Revert group.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Was wondering if there was any info on if there is another firmware update in the works and if so what might be the issues if any being addressed or features being added.

This has been asked and answered weekly.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I think this has already been addressed, but I just want to clarify before I install the update...

I have the G5 and used the utility to change the model number so I could receive DMR.

What affect will this firmware update have? Will I still be able to receive DMR? Will I need to change the model number back to do the update? Will I need to change the model number again in order to receive DMR?

I want to install the firmware update, but I don’t want to lose DMR.

Thanks!!

What utility did you use to change the model number and where can I get it?? Thanks

N6ML

What utility did you use to change the model number and where can I get it??

There was a PDF document describing how to do it on the Unication download page, and it linked to a dropbox containing the "Function Updater" utility. It appears that both have been removed. Your dealer should be able to get you copies. If that doesn't work, let me know.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else seeing a discrepancy radio ID, on P25 systems?

My pager has been showing incorrect radio IDs for in-county units, on MPSCS.

Sent using Tapatalk

N6ML

Anyone else seeing a discrepancy radio ID, on P25 systems?

My pager has been showing incorrect radio IDs for in-county units, on MPSCS.

It's a well-known issue, going back at least a couple of firmware versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.