• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/G5 Firmware 1.2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to save the old firmware to switch back if I don't like the new?

GTO_04

Is there a way to save the old firmware to switch back if I don't like the new?
Don't uninstall the old firmware version until you are comfortable and satisfied with the latest version. Just make sure you are using the firmware you intended when you program your radio.

GTO_04

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Okay, excuse me for being a bit tech ignorant but is the firmware built into the old PPS or is it separate? If it's not, where does it end up when it's extracted?

Last edited:

N6ML

Firmware is not installed by PPS. The previous version (1.10) of the firmware originally required sending your pager to Unication for upgrade (which enabled Phase-II). Then they came up with an online updater tool, but that had issues. I think they finally made the image available for download, with the offline updater tool. I found this in my downloads folder, but I don't remember exactly how I got it. I'm not sure if downgrading firmware is even possible. I've never tried. I wouldn't recommend trying unless Unication support advises to do it....

MaXKiLLz

Figured out a way around the annoying “repeating audio” when using bluetooth or the amplified speaker. Seems it happens the most when a channel in PPS is set to "Trunking TG-Scan" with multiple TGID in the "List Members". I decided to create a duplicate channel in PPS and set it to "Trunking TG-Monitor" with a single wildcard in the "List Members". Lo and behold, no more repeating transmissions. I tried adding my known TGID to the TG-Monitor channel and the echo started again. Seems it's something to do with scanning known TGID. So I set that channel's alias to "PD SCAN BT", left it with the single wildcard and use it when scanning with BT enabled. Hopefully Unication is aware of this issue and will correct it in a future firmware.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
With 1.2 I have had 3 occasions when the pager has activated but no voice traffic was heard. I thought the keypad lock may have played a roll, but the last time I had it unlocked- and I am not actually sure if it was locked the first time it happened. But this is a major improvement from 1.1., where 2-tone did not work correctly. It would alert, but certain traffic would pass through without the tones. We use a Harris P25 Phase II system.

WaveJam

Feed Provider
We need the ability to disable voice buffering when using a bluetooth headset or amplified charger. The repeating echo is starting to get on my nerves. :confused: Looks like I’ll need to revert to 1.1 until they get this fixed.

I'm in the same boat.. Its on my nerves. How do I dig up the 1.1 firmware to downgrade? And will I need to downgrade my profiles that were just upgraded in the latest PPS?

hfd26

Send an email to unication tech support and they will send you a link. They told me if I went back to 1.1 version I would also have to use the older pps with it

hfd26

If I can't get my 2 tone over p25 figured out I might have to contact him and see if he can help me there

WaveJam

Feed Provider
FYI... I pinged Unication tech support about downgrading my firmware (since I got my pager direct from Unication) and when asked about the echo issue, they replied: "We are aware of this and have some amp chargers here and are trying to duplicate the issue. Once we can duplicate the issue, we will forward our findings to the engineering team." on March 20, 2019.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
FYI... I pinged Unication tech support about downgrading my firmware (since I got my pager direct from Unication) and when asked about the echo issue, they replied: "We are aware of this and have some amp chargers here and are trying to duplicate the issue. Once we can duplicate the issue, we will forward our findings to the engineering team." on March 20, 2019.
Then they need to take the charger I have and they will have no problem duplicating the issue. I'm still not sure if this is a problem just a few of us are having or if it's a problem a lot of people are having?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

markjrenna

One thing I notice is when I have my G4 and G5 on the same P25 NJ ICS system there is an echo between the two as if one is slightly behind the other when receiving. Don't recall this prior to this firmware. Related?

Status
Not open for further replies.