Unication G4 Not charging

john3190

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I opened up my brand new unication G4 yesterday to charge it and I ran into some issues. I installed the battery correctly and used the supplied charging cable and block to plug it in. When I plugged it in the charging light came on but then a charging error message would immediately pop up. When I plugged it in while the pager was on, the light would come on, the battery bars would chase signifying charging, but an error message saying “use supplied charging materials” would pop up. That went away and it still showed that it was charging. I left it on charge for the reccomended time and came back and the pager was completely dead. It will not turn on and the light will not even come on when it is plugged in. Anyone ever had an issue with this?

Spitfire8520

Premium Subscriber
From my experience with the G5, it seems like the charging logic in the firmware (among other things) is pretty buggy. Anytime I encounter an error with charging, I completely unplug the charging cable and then plug it back in. It sometimes takes several tries before it'll accept a charge.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Glad it worked after I posted I looked it up and it was listed for the G1.
The answer was not to over tighten the battery door screws just snug them.