unication G4 on MARRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
HI - anyone else in KC area using a Unification G4 or G5 to monitor KC P25 MARRS system?

I'm using a G4 and it works great but having issue with KCMO site...was going to check with others.

thanks

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
HI - anyone else in KC area using a Unification G4 or G5 to monitor KC P25 MARRS system?

I'm using a G4 and it works great but having issue with KCMO site...was going to check with others.

thanks

I monitor MARRS with a G4 and a G5. So far I've had great results on all sites.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
So I can monitor all MARRS sites fine, EXCEPT for the KCMO site (4/1). For some reason I receive an error message anytime I try to listen to that site. Would you mind telling me (or PM me) with FW version you have on your G4? I'm trying to narrow down what's causing the error, and unification staff haven't been terribly helpful (they tell me the next FW version should fix this - but it seems to me others - such as yourself - are able to monitor this site fine, then I doubt a future FW version will fix this on my pager).

Thanks

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
So I can monitor all MARRS sites fine, EXCEPT for the KCMO site (4/1). For some reason I receive an error message anytime I try to listen to that site. Would you mind telling me (or PM me) with FW version you have on your G4? I'm trying to narrow down what's causing the error, and unification staff haven't been terribly helpful (they tell me the next FW version should fix this - but it seems to me others - such as yourself - are able to monitor this site fine, then I doubt a future FW version will fix this on my pager).

Thanks

My G4 is running V0.90-0.14A-R11P. It's a much older version. I decided to hold off on doing the Phase II upgrade a while longer. Don't be surprised about Unication not being much help. You'll have better luck getting straight answers from a dealer. Your firmware version shouldn't matter much in terms of being able to receive system traffic. I suspect some of your programming could be off.

Are your WACN ID and System ID settings correct? WACN should be BEE00 and System ID is 2B0. RFSS ID is 4 and Site is 1. Also, it might not hurt to make sure you have all control channels programmed. For KCMO, those are 851.05000, 851.32500, 851.60000, and 851.86200.

troymail

Silent Key

Thanks

What is the error message and does it pop up right away when you try to monitor that specific site?

Also - what version is on your radio?

My G4 is running V0.90-0.14A-R11P. It's a much older version. I decided to hold off on doing the Phase II upgrade a while longer. Don't be surprised about Unication not being much help. You'll have better luck getting straight answers from a dealer. Your firmware version shouldn't matter much in terms of being able to receive system traffic. I suspect some of your programming could be off.

Are your WACN ID and System ID settings correct? WACN should be BEE00 and System ID is 2B0. RFSS ID is 4 and Site is 1. Also, it might not hurt to make sure you have all control channels programmed. For KCMO, those are 851.05000, 851.32500, 851.60000, and 851.86200.

Are you able to monitor the KCMO site (4/1) on your Unication with issue?

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
What is the error message and does it pop up right away when you try to monitor that specific site?

The error message pops up as soon as the site locks in. The exact error message number itself has varied.
I've double/triple checked to make sure all the settings/control freqs are correct. As I mentioned, the other sites come in fine w/o ever receiving an error message

Also - what version is on your radio?

My FW version is 1.00-T8. I just got the G4 couple of weeks ago, so it came with the phase 2 update already installed.

See attachment for snippet of my system settings.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.9 KB · Views: 198

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
I think my responses got mixed in with response above.

Just got my G4 couple of weeks back, so it came with phase 2. FW version 1.00-T8.

All other sites lock in fine. Error starts as soon as the 4/1 kcmo site locks in. Error number has varied..no issues with any of the other sites.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber

I'm able to monitor all sites, including 4/1, with no issues.

hjvan said:
I think my responses got mixed in with response above.

Just got my G4 couple of weeks back, so it came with phase 2. FW version 1.00-T8.

All other sites lock in fine. Error starts as soon as the 4/1 kcmo site locks in. Error number has varied..no issues with any of the other sites.

Based on the screenshots, your programming looks correct. Unsure why your device doesn't like that one site but all others are working. You might contact Ray Zimmerman at Ray's pager sales 1-717-859-2021, and bounce your problem off of him. He might be able to provide better help than Unication support can.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
maybe it is related to my pager being phase 2? I've posted response I received back from unification re: this issue.

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 147

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
maybe it is related to my pager being phase 2? I've posted response I received back from unification re: this issue.

Doubt it has anything to do with the added Phase 2 capability. Your device should be able to handle both Phase 1 & 2 without issues. This is probably a silly question, but have you pulled and reinstalled the battery as the e-mail suggested? If so, and nothing changed you could try reinstalling the most recent firmware update again and see what happens. Otherwise, you may have to wait it out until they release the next update.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
Doubt it has anything to do with the added Phase 2 capability. Your device should be able to handle both Phase 1 & 2 without issues. This is probably a silly question, but have you pulled and reinstalled the battery as the e-mail suggested? If so, and nothing changed you could try reinstalling the most recent firmware update again and see what happens. Otherwise, you may have to wait it out until they release the next update.

Thanks. Yeah, I've tried pulling battery and I've also re-installed the FW to no avail. Everything else works fine. Guess i'll wait to see if new FW fixes this...otherwise I may have a faulty unit.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
Check out the main unification forum. New FW being released tomorrow. Hoping this will fix my issues. It also will add phase 2 capability to all pagers.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
Happy to report the new FW just released resolved issues monitoring KCMO site.

Thanks all

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Happy to report the new FW just released resolved issues monitoring KCMO site.

Thanks all

That's great to hear! I just installed the 1.10 update and the audio sounds much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.