• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication: P25 Phase II – Free Upgrades! Contact us Now for Details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglou0

All my G5 housings are like that.

That's my opinion as well given the G5's that I've had a chance to play with in person but.....

A hardware revision was one thing I left out of my musings of how Unication might implement this Phase 2 upgrade.

It makes sense at some level that Unication might do this because why else would they delay their Phase 2 release on multiple occasions? On some level, Unication has been happy to have the users beta test their units. Why would that suddenly change with a Phase 2 firmware release?:twisted:

I'm also thinking about the dealers again. Are they getting giant shipments of pagers and manually updating the firmware on all their units, is Unication running an exchange program to clean out existing stock with newer units, or are the dealers going to maintain separate stocks of units with and without the Phase 2 firmware?

Who knows at this point?

We're reaching the half-way point for March and still not a peep from any of the dealers or Unication. A simple reply from Unication wouldn't really damage their pre-sales. It would probably cause those sitting on the fence to place an order if they knew exactly when they might get their hands on a Phase 2 unit especially if at the same time, Unication told us about the upgrade path for those with existing units. It's coming up on a month from my pre-order and I know some guys just didn't want to put money down on an item with an unknown delivery date.

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
That's my opinion as well given the G5's that I've had a chance to play with in person but.....

A hardware revision was one thing I left out of my musings of how Unication might implement this Phase 2 upgrade.

It makes sense at some level that Unication might do this because why else would they delay their Phase 2 release on multiple occasions? On some level, Unication has been happy to have the users beta test their units. Why would that suddenly change with a Phase 2 firmware release?:twisted:

I'm also thinking about the dealers again. Are they getting giant shipments of pagers and manually updating the firmware on all their units, is Unication running an exchange program to clean out existing stock with newer units, or are the dealers going to maintain separate stocks of units with and without the Phase 2 firmware?

Who knows at this point?

We're reaching the half-way point for March and still not a peep from any of the dealers or Unication. A simple reply from Unication wouldn't really damage their pre-sales. It would probably cause those sitting on the fence to place an order if they knew exactly when they might get their hands on a Phase 2 unit especially if at the same time, Unication told us about the upgrade path for those with existing units. It's coming up on a month from my pre-order and I know some guys just didn't want to put money down on an item with an unknown delivery date.
I agree I don't understand why they can't give us release date. All I can get out of them is soon... I pre-ordered my unit in January. But I've been following this Phase 2 release for about 2 years and watched it push back multiple times.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

mdsxfire

EDBM

Who knows at this point?

Ordered mine February 1, would be nice to hear something besides before end of Q1 2018. I wonder if the dealers even know how the process is gonna Work at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
Ordered mine February 1, would be nice to hear something besides before end of Q1 2018. I wonder if the dealers even know how the process is gonna Work at this point?

This is my conversation with unication.
970f4708e32c6c0305cddc22465b3279.jpg
cdbf1e39d7c26977ea9394b3ba8d009a.jpg

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Well what about the rest of us that's already pre-ordered them why haven't we heard anything?

I have no idea. I'm not with them or anything. I just heard the county fire people talking about getting some in and how they were programming them up for their new P2 system along with testing to make sure they had the pager programming correct.

They didn't and had to change something to get it working right for what they needed. They said more were en route. 15 for one fire station was due in alone.

I don't know if they just have 3 or 4 or dozens so far.

Maybe they've been released to PS first and there is a release date for the general public later.

I just thought people here might like to know they are out and are being used at least with this county and all the cities therein on at least the various fire departments they have.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I inquired and was told yesterday the Phase 2 units were not out just yet - those in the hands of folks are some of the original beta units... but who knows for sure....

Like others - I'm hoping once the units that ship with Phase 2 installed are on the street, they'll have a plan in place for unlocking Phase 2 in firmware for the existing units at the same time... but we'll still need to wait and see.

Soon...

Patience grasshopper.

I don't know. These aren't beta units from all the talk that has been going on for a while now. They've been talking about getting the new P2 Unication pagers for a while now and now they're saying they have them and many more are on the way. 15 for one small fire station alone among the many fire stations in the county are en route.

Maybe PS is getting them before the general public. I don't know.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
All my G5 housings are like that. Only my original G4 doesn't have that protection but it's 3 years older.

I hate to keep saying this but I don't know.

Just heard them talking about the new pagers they finally got and that they had added extra housing around the side buttons that helped accidental presses. They really liked that.

They put it as "Extra plastic" I made it "Housing" :)

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber

Who knows at this point?

Like I said the P2 are out at least for this agency already. They've been talking about getting them for some time and they have now gotten the first batch. More are en route.

These are NOT beta or test units but the actual new P2 pagers.

Don't know what else to tell you except if PS is getting final release pagers already then the general public should be getting them fairly quickly thereafter I would think.

jmontes77029

Wouldn’t get my hopes up, pretty sure they are riding this out till the end of the month

I’m with you on this. I believe release for current owners will be close to the 31st with pre orders shipping a couple days before.

jmontes77029

My guess is I'm thinking mid April we'll have our units. :)

So are you thinking current owners will have the release before pre orders are shipped. I was told by unication that release would occur before the end of q1. It may be the last day of March. They would have until 11:59pm to have released before end of q1.

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
So are you thinking current owners will have the release before pre orders are shipped. I was told by unication that release would occur before the end of q1. It may be the last day of March. They would have until 11:59pm to have released before end of q1.

Keyword anticipated release date...

mdsxfire

EDBM
I just don’t get the games, just say I will be out March 31 or April 5 or whatever stop with the oh before end of the first qtr. ppl would stop asking and bothering if u just have a date

troymail

Silent Key
I just don’t get the games, just say I will be out March 31 or April 5 or whatever stop with the oh before end of the first qtr. ppl would stop asking and bothering if u just have a date

You can't provide a date if you don't have one. Missed deadlines (specific dates) are bad and we all know that it happens (has happened already).

This is exactly why Uniden and Whistler do not provide advance notice of things that are "coming soon"... I suspect after Phase 2, Unication will never announce features they are working on either having learned this lesson (assuming they didn't know that before).

Unfortunately, Phase 2 capability is something lots of folks want/need and have been waiting for over a long time. It was probably essential that Unication state some time ago that they will produce Phase 2 capability so as to not hurt the initial sales. Dates/timeframes have been stated and missed in the past. Hopefully, that doesn't happen again but we at least now know the capability does exist and is very close.

Complaining and/or getting worked up about it won't make it happen any sooner. It will be ready when it is ready. I'm sure Unication is looking forward to recouping expenses through sales and they aren't going to hold back when they feel it is ready to go.

mdsxfire

EDBM
You can't provide a date if you don't have one. Missed deadlines (specific dates) are bad and we all know that it happens (has happened already).

This is exactly why Uniden and Whistler do not provide advance notice of things that are "coming soon"... I suspect after Phase 2, Unication will never announce features they are working on either having learned this lesson (assuming they didn't know that before).

Unfortunately, Phase 2 capability is something lots of folks want/need and have been waiting for over a long time. It was probably essential that Unication state some time ago that they will produce Phase 2 capability so as to not hurt the initial sales. Dates/timeframes have been stated and missed in the past. Hopefully, that doesn't happen again but we at least now know the capability does exist and is very close.

Complaining and/or getting worked up about it won't make it happen any sooner. It will be ready when it is ready. I'm sure Unication is looking forward to recouping expenses through sales and they aren't going to hold back when they feel it is ready to go.

I get it, but before end of Q1 is still a deadline, just a more open one that leads to people who are waiting to speculate and countdown anyway.

troymail

Silent Key
I get it, but before end of Q1 is still a deadline, just a more open one that leads to people who are waiting to speculate and countdown anyway.

Then, unless they are using a weird calendar (I hope not!), they've indirectly provided a date (that I'm sure they'd like to beat) - March 31st. So, on April 1st, you have a case if it isn't out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.