Uniden 325p2 antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledenny48

Yes I know that, I am asking what adapter do I need to to make it work with the 325p I know they make them I wanna make sure I get the right one, don't need to buy a new antenna if I don't need to.

uncledenny48

The antenna I have is the one pictured in the middle, so I am not sure what adapter I need. I didn't think this was going to be so difficult.

Bob1955

Hi have a uniden 325P2 and want to use the Remtronix 800 antenna, what BNC adapter do I need to make it work? Thank you.
D
I'm using a Diamond RH77CA on my Bearcat BC-125AT but realize even though it looks like your BCD325P2, mine isn't digital but that above antenna is about as good as it gets! Look at the ratings on Amazon.com sir?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The antenna I have is the one pictured in the middle, so I am not sure what adapter I need. I didn't think this was going to be so difficult.

I can't make it any clearer than this otherwise RR will ban my from the forums for being too sexually explicit! o_O Looking at all the pictures available it should be easy to select what you need, shouldn't be difficult. Confusing maybe.

Why not just sell the SMA antenna that you purchased in error and buy the proper one with the BNC connector.

SMA female antenna SMA male antenna
1550771378893.png 1550771463916.png

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I'm using a Diamond RH77CA on my Bearcat BC-125AT but realize even though it looks like your BCD325P2, mine isn't digital but that above antenna is about as good as it gets! Look at the ratings on Amazon.com sir?

He's wanting to use an SMA antenna on a radio with a BNC antenna connector.

paulmohr

You want an SMA to BNC adapter. Ebay has a lot of them and I am sure other places like radio shack and amazon will too. You just need to know which one you need. Look at the picture in the above post, does your antenna have the pin in it or not? That is the difference between female and male. When you are looking at one look at the pictures of the product they are selling to make sure it is configured how you need it. You could also contact a place that sells antennas and tell them exactly what you have and they should be able to send you the correct adapter. If I could remember where I bought my discone atenna they could probably help you. It was a fairly small outfit with pretty good customer service. Let me search my posts from a few years ago to see if I mention where I got it. Might cost you more than on ebay or something though.

The BNC side needs to be female ( has the locking collar on it) and the SMA side needs to have the exposed threads (male). The pin type I don't because I don't know what your antenna has. With the pin is male, without the pin is female. You want the adapter to be the opposite of what your antenna is. Another option is to buy a package of them with different options and just pick the one that fits your needs. They are not very pricey so that might be a decent option for you.

paulmohr

Just looked it up, Universal Radio is the company I ordered my antenna from. Probably not the cheapest or fastest option out there but I bet if you called them and told them exactly what you are trying to do you would at least get the correct part. You might even be able to email them a couple of pictures to really nail it down. I called them to confirm my order and they were pretty friendly.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Point is you shouldn't use an adapter. They break and can cause issues later on. Also you'll get better performance with a properly fitted antenna. It's neglible in most cases but why bother. Either return or sell the antenna you have and buy the correct model.

Status
Not open for further replies.