Uniden 346XT TRUNKTRACKER III HELP Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

onthewave

OK I'm new to this and we are shooting a movie which requires us to monitor the Fire freqs in our area...SANTA BARBARA.
There is no SANTA BARBARA, CA as a selection, closest is L.A. This unit seems very complex. Is there a PROGRAMMING TRUNK SCANNERS for DUMMIES book out there or docs for this scanner? Just want to find out if the even use TRUNKs in Santa Barbara, or do I just do Conventional scanning? Where could that info be found. Is there a disk for Santa Barbara or data I can download to my PC then to the Scanner?

KJ6CFU

Premium Subscriber
You can use Freescan to program yours BC346. Freescan is free and can be downloaded from the official site here: ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

They also have a support forum, and the software developer will directly answer questions on that forum.

Unless you have a serial port on your computer, you will need a Serial to USB adapter.

onthewave

Programming the UNIDEN 346XT

Hey thanks guys rthat helps alot. Now I need to find a shortcut guide to programming this complex little device! The BC 350C was so easy to setup compared to the TrunkTracker III 346XT!
Best regards,
Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.