Uniden 370CRS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveA

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me if the clock on the BC-370CRS is visible at night? I was not sure if the clock has light in the background so you can see the time at night. Does it have a snooze button? Any info on this new scanner/clock radio?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
DaveA said:
Can anyone tell me if the clock on the BC-370CRS is visible at night? I was not sure if the clock has light in the background so you can see the time at night. Does it have a snooze button? Any info on this new scanner/clock radio?

The clock can be set to the red (orange) backlight and is visable at night using the longer snooze/light button to turn it on for a few seconds or infinitly. The LCD's are black, so it will not display just as a clock radio would with red LED's. Both the clock and radio display are lit up.

Yes the snooze button works for 5 minutes.

The WWV-B tuned "Atomic Clock" is keeping accurate time.

As for an AM/FM radio and scanner, it working great. I only wish it had the Fire Tone out feature.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If it had the tone-out feature, they could sells tons to vol personal. I could see departments even issuing them instead of minotors to some personal.

StereoScout

The best feature of this radio IMO is the EAS feature. Not only will it decode the EAS S.A.M.E. data stream on NOAA weather frequencies but it will decode ANY EAS data stream on ANY frequency within the limits of the radio ! And that includes AM, FM, & TV broadcasts, L.E.E.R.N, F.E.M.A., and other emergency service frequencies. And it will decode ALL EAS event codes too and not just the ones the National Weather Service sends out. And that includes:
Emergency Action Notifications
Emergency Action Terminations
National Information Center
FEMA Administrative Messages
Network Message Notifications
Practice/Demo Warnings
Federal National Periodic Tests
and others.
And one other nice EAS feature. This radio will immediately mute back to the standby mode once the emergency message is finished and the end EAS data stream is transmitted. Other weather radios just keep playing the audio until the 5 minute timer cuts off the audio. This one mutes immediately after the initial message if that is important to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.