Uniden Announcing new Handheld digital scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

I just read on their FB page that in a few months they will be announcing a new scanner. I personally would love to see a radio like the 996XT with the Home Patrol-1 touch screen.. Well here is to hoping!

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
[Adding Links]

From Uniden Facebook. - The official facebook fan page of Uniden worldwide

Uniden - For those customers that have been asking Uniden for a digital scanner....look out in the next 3 months when Uniden will introduce it's new Digital Handheld Scanner

Uniden - It will....stay tuned on the Uniden facebook over the next couple of months for product details
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150350700092655&id=92508157654

Uniden - Rumour is True - 1st Quarter of next year
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150368552737655&id=92508157654

Note: UnidenAustralia

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thinking it may only be for the aussie's

Indeed. This has been discussed recently before but this announcement is
NOT for the US Market. Uniden Australia is separate from Uniden America
and announcements for Uniden Australia have NOTHING to do with announcements
here in the US.

But, like any company I am sure Uniden America is hard at work on stuff for the
future.

Marshall KE4ZNR

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
When they do come out with something new for the US, hopefully it addresses the simulcast distortion issues and is capable of P25 Phase II.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
When they do come out with something new for the US, hopefully it addresses the simulcast distortion issues and is capable of P25 Phase II.

I think that would be a matter of a $1000+ scanner, but I like others living in simulcast hell would find the money to buy it if it were made.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
My PSR-500 cost a lot less than $1000 and handles the local Moto II simulcast just fine.

Simulcast Moto II works fine on most scanners. Simulcast P25 systems on the other hand are a completely different story.

W6KRU

Simulcast Moto II works fine on most scanners. Simulcast P25 systems on the other hand are a completely different story.

Some of us aren't so lucky. My 396XT absolutely sucks on the the local Moto II simulcast system. The 396T is sort of acceptable using manual P25 threshold levels and the PSR-500 works fine.

Fenix

Premium Subscriber
Some of us aren't so lucky. My 396XT absolutely sucks on the the local Moto II simulcast system. The 396T is sort of acceptable using manual P25 threshold levels and the PSR-500 works fine.

+1 dfsgdfg

safetyobc

All I want is Motorola TRBO reception. Most likely won't see it. But that's what I need for my area. Licensing it would probably cost more than a consumer product could stand to bear as far as final sales price. But I can wish can't I?

Oh, and I would be willing to bet they "announce" it at CES in January.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
However, Uniden USA will have a couple of scanner-related announcements of their own in the not-too-distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.