Uniden BC346XT Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambulfan

Hi All,

Today I purchased a Uniden BC346XT.

I programmed 3 Groups of frequencies, but when I went to program the 4th, it would no longer add them from my Main Menu to my main Scanner menu. I tried different "Quick keys" but they too would not work.

I decided to go back to my default settings, tried everything again, but again had the same problem.

Could someone help explain to me how to get past the 3rd group and finish putting in the rest of my frequencies.

Cody

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You start out by creating a "System", assign it to a "SQKey", then you create "groups within the SQK and assign them to a "GroupQK", within those groups 0-10 you assign your freqys or in trunking TalkGroups.....

captclint

Mentor
As others have pointed out, quick keys are something you can assign once you have created the systems(s) and groups. Think of a system as a main folder on your pc. You need at least one of these, and generally folks create several. For example, some of the possible systems could be your county, RCMP, local police, fire, and EMS. Under each system, you must create at least one group, which is like a sub folder under each system folder. You can put everything you want in the county system all in one group, or you could have a group for county police, county fire, and EMS. You are limited to 10 groups under each system.

As for the quick keys, you can assign them when you create the system, or go back after you have the system(s) set up the way you want. You can also assign a group quick key to each group. These are just helpful things to have, but have nothing to do with programming systems or groups

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.