uniden bc396xt problems / delay help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinvannoy

Premium Subscriber
I have a uniden bearcat scanner 396xt that I need help with. I noticed the other day when I had my scanner next to another scanner a cheap radioshack model that mine would not open the squelch or find a conversation on analog channels for about 2-4 seconds after the other scanner started.The digital chanels do not do this at all and work properly. For instance disbatch would say 1234 boone and i would not even hear that. I would not pick it up until the officer said go ahead back to her. Also I have noticed on tones that I only hear the very last of it for about 1 second or so. I have Tried adjusting delays and set analog to only analog and so forth with no help. The only thing that helps is when I take my 3 digital towers out that I monitor as well as talk groups it works like it is supposed to. Since there is so little digital stuff that I am taking out I find it hard to believe it would slow down my scanner that much? If anyone could look at it and throw out ideas I would appreciate it! It drives me crazy trying to listen to a conversation and missing the first 2-4 seconds of it. Thanks in advance.

Dustin

wtp

time

try taking the hold time on the systems to 0 on everything
if i have a conventional system with 1 channel and a trunk system scanning sometimes i can't even see
the system name and would set the hold time to a higher number
even with 0 set it takes a couple of seconds to run the trunk systems
think of hold as how many seconds it stays on that system
hope it helps

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Two other suggestions:

1) Make sure your analog channels are set to analog. Otherwise, the scanner will spend about 400 mS trying to determine whether it is digital before opening squelch.

2) If the channels are conventional with tone, make sure you have the modulation set correctly.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have a uniden bearcat scanner 396xt that I need help with. I noticed the other day when I had my scanner next to another scanner a cheap radioshack model that mine would not open the squelch or find a conversation on analog channels for about 2-4 seconds after the other scanner started.The digital chanels do not do this at all and work properly. For instance disbatch would say 1234 boone and i would not even hear that. I would not pick it up until the officer said go ahead back to her. Also I have noticed on tones that I only hear the very last of it for about 1 second or so. I have Tried adjusting delays and set analog to only analog and so forth with no help. The only thing that helps is when I take my 3 digital towers out that I monitor as well as talk groups it works like it is supposed to. Since there is so little digital stuff that I am taking out I find it hard to believe it would slow down my scanner that much? If anyone could look at it and throw out ideas I would appreciate it! It drives me crazy trying to listen to a conversation and missing the first 2-4 seconds of it. Thanks in advance.

Dustin

Set the system holds to zero.

dustinvannoy

Premium Subscriber
ok so ive tried setting the hold to zero, still no better. I also looked at the modulation and it is set to fm (which I am assuming is correct).I have also set all of these channels to analog only. I also forgot to mention these arent even trunking analog just plain old single channel analog. Any other ideas because I have spoke to uniden tech assist with no help what so ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.