Uniden bc72xlt having trouble with nyc frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNYCEMT

I've had this scanner for a while now without any problems. I reset it today because half my channels were locked out and had to scroll through all of them one by one to get to my desired channel so I reset it to start over. Now every time I try to enter a frequency from nyc out gives me an error message. Is this because they are going digital and if so does this mean my scanner is useless now? Please help, thank you!

SteveNYCEMT

I'm sorry I should have been more specific, I followed the directions and they still didn't unlock so I cleared everything to start over but now every time I try to enter a frequency it gives me an error even though I'm programing it number for number through the site and word for word by the manual. Any idea why I'm getting the error? Thanks.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Which NYC frequencies are you trying to enter, EMS? What is the exact error message you're getting? We need more details here.

WA1ATA

It sounds like your scanner may be malfunctioning. You should have been able to remove the lockout from any channel by putting the scanner in Hold mode, then holding down Lockout for 2 or 3 seconds by first pressing Func button, then holding down L/O until the scanner beeps twice. This will remove all lockouts in any active bank.

Before resetting the scanner and erasing all of the data, it would have been better to do a full restart of the internal microprocessor by unplugging the AC adapter and removing the batteries. Then power the scanner back up after waiting several seconds.

Perhaps if you do that now you will be able to program the channels again.

Status
Not open for further replies.