Uniden BC75XLT Program Software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan125

I'm pretty sure Scan125 doesn't work with the BC75

Correct! Scan125 specifically blocks support for the 75 scanners. There are other programs, and Uniden's own program for the 75 scanners will be able to do programming of the 75 scanners.

Scan125 is a real time control, logging, programming etc. with full virtual console and display. Sadly the 75 scanners have a totally different display format to the 125 scanners. Whilst the displays are different the basic commands are the same.

However as there is the free Uniden program to program memories etc. on the 75 scanners it makes no sense for Scan125 to just sport memory programming.

If/when the UK Uniden importer has a 75 scanner to give me / or let me have one on extended loan then I'll be able to produce a Scan75 program. I've had offers of private loans of 75 scanners but unless you live next door to me then I will not be comfortable with borrowing your scanner. I don't want the responsibility or pressure to get something done in anybody else's time frame.

Grayo20

Thanks All,

For all the help and advice. I've now got it working with the ARC75 software so one happy newby lol

Many thanks

Graham

ESF-12

The link is to the zip file. In the zip file are the two required driver files:

uniden_usbser.cat
uniden_usbser.inf

Both are required. The .cat file is the security certificate catalog file.

I assume that I just cut and past these files along side the application In the CP210x... folders?

Thanks All,

For all the help and advice. I've now got it working with the ARC75 software so one happy newby lol

Many thanks

Graham

Is this the same that you saw? I too am having issues connecting a BC75 to my comp.
I'm sure I've fallowed "http://nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/manual/Scan125-Manual.html#7" driver installations correctly and was successful with installation but am still unable to connect my BC75...

Attachments

• scanner.jpg
    scanner.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 177

Grayo20

I assume that I just cut and past these files along side the application In the CP210x... folders?

Is this the same that you saw? I too am having issues connecting a BC75 to my comp.
I'm sure I've fallowed "http://nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/manual/Scan125-Manual.html#7" driver installations correctly and was successful with installation but am still unable to connect my BC75...

ESF-12, follow the instructions in this driver installation manual from Scan125 that's all I'd did then downloaded the ARC75 software and it worked great.

Attachments

• IMG_2531.jpg
    IMG_2531.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 161

ESF-12

hmm well something still ins't right, no matter what it always says "best driver is already installed" and it still will not read the scanner

I've fallowed the instructions, and ones from uniden, all driver updates are already installed and I was using arc75 on windows 7 on this computer before upgrade and had no issues.

I'm starting to think there might be an issue with the usb port on the scanner.

Attachments

• failed.jpg
    failed.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 160

Scan125

Well I would suggest in device manger you uninstall the driver and start again.

Another thing that confused me was your referral to CP210X driver install. If the 75 scanner is like the 125 scanner then all it requires is the Uniden driver.

Grayo20

Sorry I can't help further than suggest what I've already done above. I'm new to all this myself so guess I just got lucky and it all worked for me. But excellent advice from Scan125, he helped me a lot.

drsalfen

Premium Subscriber
BC75XLT default Freq. Bands

The BC75 default Step Freq for the 173.40000 - 174.00000 VHF range (ref. pg 15 owners manual) is 5.0 kHz. Is there anyway to change the step freq to 6.25 kHz for this sub band?

Scan125

From the User Manual

STEP FREQUENCY
You can change Step Frequency. The scanner have some
steps as 5.0/6.25/8.33/10.0/12.5/20.0 kHz and Default. Step
Frequency is applied in Quick Search, Custom Search, AIR
Service Search, and Close Call. Step Frequency is stored every
each Band Coverage.
1. Press Func + Step, then indicates current Step
Frequency. And
F
disappears, PGM appears.
2. Select a Channel Step by Scroll Control knob. (for AIR,
8.33kHz or 12.5kHz) (for 84 - 88 MHz in Band Plan 1 / for
84.015 - 87.295 MHz in Band Plan 2, 20kHz step is added)
3. Press E or scroll Control knob, then the Step Frequency
is inputted.
Notes :
• Press L/O or .Clr if you cancel this function when displays
Step Frequency.
• If you wants to set default Step Frequency for current Band,
select dEFULt.”
• If the scanner is turned off , step frequency is set to initial
setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.