Uniden bcd396xt how can I just get to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BILLYBOPROCK

Hello new to the form here I just wanted to ask a simple question I hope I'm not out of line or in the wrong section I'm not trying to step anybody's toes or breaking any rules or anything but I just wanted to know about the uniden bcd396xt how can I get it you just scan or just go to my inputed channel frequencies and local area instead of always going to Alaska and all those other presets thank you I appreciate it I'm new to this I'm trying to pick up on this new hobby I just need to find out I've been just been going crazy. Thanks for all help in advance. Billy

wtp

the fast way

function, lockout, lockout
you have to be quick as the has a cycle of temporary,permanent,unlock.
so if you do it once or too slow it will be back with a power cycle.
i have had 10 things running 7 systems, service search on, custom search and close call.
this way is much quicker than going to each and locking them out again.
when the radio says "NOTHING TO SCAN" just unlock what you want.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This model scanner has, as you've seen, a bunch of systems pre-loaded. Unfortunately many of those systems have gone through a lot of changes since the introduction of this scanner.

My suggestion is to download FreeScan, or perhaps a trial version of ProScan or ARC-XT. Then become a RR premium subscriber. You can use the software to download the systems you wish to hear from the RR database.

You do have a learning curve, but we all did in the beginning. It's okay to make mistakes - you can restore the scanner to the original settings and start anew. Patience will be your biggest friend.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I always hated those preloaded databases, they were (it seems) always wrong anyway or better yet outdated. I always just deleted them and programed what I wanted to hear.

BILLYBOPROCK

I did factory reset.

I did go back to factory reset I don't have any software updates I don't have a cable. I was looking to maybe have it professionally programmed.if I can find anyone in the New York Hudson valley area.

Status
Not open for further replies.