Uniden BCD436HP & BCD536HP And NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am in the market for a new scanner soon. It is likely that it will be either the Whistler TRX-1/TRX-2 or the Uniden BCD436HP/BCD536HP. With regards to the Uniden lineup, I have searched, but I haven't found much recently with regards to NXDN. Has Uniden continued to be silent on the potential of the NXDN mode on their current, or future, scanners? I know that Whistler doesn't currently have it, but just the fact that they have announced their intention to have NXDN speaks volumes to me.

marksmith

You won't hear anything from Uniden on the topic until it's announced per their policies.

In order to stay even with the competition it's hard to believe it won't be another paid upgrade, announced sometime around when Whistler makes it available.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

wbswetnam

Purely speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if Whistler will release the NXDN upgrade on December 25th?

marksmith

I imagine it will be an interesting horse race to see who first gets to the NXDN finish line.
I am sure they both have radios and demo firmware working now. Its probably rough around the edges and being improved until it can be offered with as few bug updates as possible, even though there will be some.

If one of the companies has acquired license to work on it and are publicly stating their radio will include it in the future (Whistler) then you can bet both have.

It will come out at basically the same time, as with DMR. The real question is who will have the best application of the new technology in the way their radio uses or supports it.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Kinda hoping this time around the upgrade is a freebie for the 436/536

Doubt it. With time and costs put into the research and work they'd have to make something back. Wold be a plus if they did bit I doubt it.

wbswetnam

I wish that Uniden would consider a "buy any 2 get the 3rd for free", i.e., if you have already purchased DMR and you purchase the NXDN, you can get a digital coupon for the ProVoice for free. If you have already purchased the ProVoice and DMR then you get a digital coupon for NXDN for free, etc.

marksmith

I wish that Uniden would consider a "buy any 2 get the 3rd for free", i.e., if you have already purchased DMR and you purchase the NXDN, you can get a digital coupon for the ProVoice for free. If you have already purchased the ProVoice and DMR then you get a digital coupon for NXDN for free, etc.
Since they have to pay a royalty or license fee on all 3 of those you might buy....

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

coolderb

Purely speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if Whistler will release the NXDN upgrade on December 25th?

I'm speculating that Uniden will deliver NXDN around Thanksgiving. With that in mind I am going to set aside $1 per day until around Thanksgiving and then spend it on the NXDN upgrade which will bring me additional value as well as help to advance the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.