UNIDEN Bcd436HP Can anyone pickup Baltimore from central AA County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayG1176

I have a BCD436HP with a stock antenna, I am in central AA but can not pickup Baltimore County/City. Any ideas

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD436HP with a stock antenna, I am in central AA but can not pickup Baltimore County/City. Any ideas

If Annapolis counts as central AACo, I cannot receive either system with my SDS100, G5, or 536 (nor could I with the 436 before I sold it.)

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yep, too far away with the crummy stock antenna. Get something outside, and it's possible. I used to pick up Balt county living on a third floor condo in Glen Burnie with the antenna in the attic, though not well due to the simulcasting. The city, nope. Mike

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Altitude is a must. I can just barely ping Baltimore County from my house (which is on a hilltop in Millersville), but the city is hit-or-miss from here. South of here is a no-go, geography works back downwards again. A good antenna, especially outdoors, will help.

Bugkiller

Premium Subscriber
I have a bcd436 and am lucky to pick up Baltimore County here in Catonsville, when they are in my area. Getting the city only a wish, on a good day.

marksmith

A few hundred yards from Baltimore County in way north AA county. 436 and 536 will not receive Baltimore County because I am right between 2 towers on the County site. I get it 5 bars of signal strength but no reception due to simulcast distortion.

Update: In 2018 picked up an SDS100 and I get Baltimore County halfway south into AA County at least. Also receive Baltimore CIty almost that far. In 2019 picked up an SDS200 and I listen to Baltimore County on both of these new radios, and can also receive the Harford County sites of the CMARC System, which I previously could not receive.

When travelling thorugh Baltimore County I can receive Baltimore County system OK while moving. Not sure if I am missing some things when I get to points where 2 towers conflict but generally OK coverage.

marksmith

Baltimore City can be received in AA County on 436, 536 as long as you are north of Earleigh Heights.

Once you drop down the hill it is over..

Better reception north of RT 100, where it is possible to receive on HP2, and even 396xt.

Mark
SDS100&200/536/436/WS1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.